A new update has just been released on call of duty: war zonewhich features bug fixes and nerfs to several of the weapons currently dominating the game’s meta.
The NZ-41, KG M40, Volk, Kilo 141, H4 Blixen, Marco 5, and Armaguerra 43 saw changes in this week’s update. Each of these weapons can currently be found among the most used weapons in the game, according to WZRanked.com.
Bug fixes in the update include an issue that caused the wrong amount of armor to be applied when equipping or picking up the Tempered or Specialist perks, and a particularly annoying issue that caused players to take damage when going into gas due to a small delay in the animation of the gas mask.
The newest weapon in the game, the Vargo-S, received a slight muzzle velocity buff on one of its barrels, and Raven said the team is “seeing good early performance data on the Vargo-S, but the muzzle velocity was holding back its long-term viability.
the full list of patch notes for the update can be found below.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to take damage when entering gas due to a small delay in the gas mask animation.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong amount of armor to be applied when equipping or picking up Tempered or Specialist perks.
- Fixed an issue that caused an unintentional lighting change on Caldera.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Last Alive” player card to display the wrong text.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Season 4 reloaded phone cards to display the wrong text.
- Mirzoyan 414 mm custom
- Muzzle velocity now increased by 35 percent
“We’re seeing good early performance data from the Vargo-S (VG), but Muzzle Velocity was holding back its long-term viability.”
- Headshot Spot Damage multiplier reduced to 1.3, from 1.5
- Increased shot deviation
KG M40 (VG)
- Headshot location Damage multiplier reduced to 1.32, down from 1.46
- Neck location damage multiplier increased to 1.32, from 1.3
“As mentioned above, our philosophy is to address the damage profile of weapons that are designed to be easier to control. The KG M40 (VG) has started to rear its head as the favourite. This is mainly due to the reliability of headshots and it has one of the highest headshot accuracy in the game. By narrowing this down, we hope to see the weapon perform well, but not overpower.”
- Minimum damage reduced to 21, from 22
- VDD 287mm
- Damage range penalty increased to -25 percent, up from -10 percent
- Exit speed penalty increased to -20 percent, up from -10 percent
- Vertical recoil penalty increased to -21 percent, down from -12 percent
- Krausnick 428mm 05V
- Damage range reduced to 26 percent, down from 40 percent.
“We’re excited to see the Volkssturmgewehr (VG) starting to find its place in the metagame, but we’re seeing its long-range efficiency increasing. This indicates that more players have found accurate long-range builds with the weapon. A small tweak to its minimum damage reinforces the weapons identity as a close to mid-range powerhouse, but can be used at range when needed.”
- Minimum damage reduced to 22, from 23
“While we’re thrilled to see the ‘return of the king,’ we’ve seen a big jump in KD, particularly in the higher skill pools on the smaller maps. This is due to the relative ease of recoil that the kilo allows. While we like its handling where it is, just like with the KG M40, we’re going to lower its damage profile a bit.”
“Some of the more recent additions to the submachine gun category have been overbearing and have reduced the breadth that was once offered. This is mainly due to far superior handling. We’re making some strategic changes here to keep weapons viable but open the short-range meta back to its former glory.”
Weaponwar 43 (VG)
- ADS movement speed scaling decreased to 1.36, down from 1.4
- .30 Russian Short 34 Round Magazines
- Damage range penalty increased to -25 percent, up from -14 percent
- Kurz 72 8mm round magazines
- Damage range reduced to five percent, down from 10 percent.
- Movement speed scalar penalty increased to -5 percent, down from -4.2 percent
- Merit 18mm Short
- ADS movement speed bonus reduced to 18%, down from 20%.
Frame 5 (GV)
- ADS transition in/out time increased to 200ms, from 190ms
- Increased vertical recoil
H4 Blixen (VG)
- Max Damage reduced to 39, down from 40
- Maximum damage range reduced to eight meters, down from nine meters.
- ADS transition in/out time increased to 210ms, from 190ms
- Bergstrom 17” F3
- Muzzle velocity reduced to 35 percent, down from 50 percent
- Removed the three percent movement speed increase.
- Removed ADS movement speed increase, down from six percent.
- 7.62 Gorenko 54 Round Magazine
- Movement speed now reduced by two percent
- ADS in/out transition time scalar reduced to -3 percent, down from two percent.
Gun Echo (MW)
- Neck torso damage multiplier reduced to 1.0, down from 1.1
- Upper torso damage multiplier reduced to 1.0, down from 1.1
- Lower torso damage multiplier reduced to 1.0, down from 1.1
“We would like to see a headshot thrown into the mix to get that 3 shot to kill time while at his maximum damage range. This should more fairly reward shots with Handgun Echo (MW).”
light machine guns
- 16″ CGC wrapped
- Damage range penalty reduced to -20 percent, from -30 percent
- 28″ Gracey Mk. 9
- Damage range increased to 30 percent, from 15 percent.
- .303 British 45 Round Magazines
- Damage range penalty reduced to -10 percent, down from -20 percent
VLK Rogue (MW)
- Max Pellet Damage reduced to 38, down from 60
- Minimum pellet damage increased to 15, from 14
Reinforcement Gun Perk
- Recoil control was reduced to three percent, down from four percent.