The Refer-A-Friend Fortnite program went live a few moments ago. By signing up and completing a few challenges, players have a chance to earn Xander’s new skin. The best part about this is that it is free.
There are no hidden fees, no microtransactions, and no V-Bucks spending. There are also numerous cosmetic rewards to earn, and the challenges are very easy. Here’s everything players need to know about the Refer-A-Friend program and how to claim the free Xander skin.
Fortnite Refer-A-Friend Xander skin is now available
There are a few things players need to do to get started. First of all, they must log in to the official page of the campaign, which is linked here. Once this is done, players will need to follow a series of challenges to unlock cosmetics and progress towards the final reward. Here is the list of the challenges:
- Create a connection: double exhaust sprinkler.
- Play a game in Fortnite with a referee: Immortal Oasis Wrap.
- Place in the top 10 six times with your referee: Oasis Wind Backbling.
- Eliminate 45 opponents with your referee: Oasis Wind Pickaxe.
- Win 60+ levels on your own and wait for your referee to win 60+ levels as well: Xander Suit.
Ironically, the first challenge asks players to make new friends in the game. Please note that this will not work with known connections from the friends list. Once a new friend has been added, only then can players proceed with the challenges to unlock the rewards.
While the challenges may seem difficult to accomplish, players will have plenty of time to complete them. According to the information provided at the bottom of the website, the (Refer a Friend) campaign will last until February 19, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET. Registration for the campaign will remain open until January 10, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET.
Note: This may be subject to change at the discretion of Epic Games.
Guidelines and tips
As with all events in the game, the developers add some parameters and guidelines to keep things fair. With the Refer-A-Friend 2022 campaign, things are no different. Listed below are the current rules that players must follow:
- Players can add up to five Fortnite friends on the Refer-a-Friend program website who have played less than two hours in a main Fortnite Battle Royale or Zero Build game playlists (i.e. solo, duos , trios or squads) in the last 30 days (includes new players).
- Complete in-game tasks together with your referee(s) and earn in-game rewards.
- Players can complete the same task multiple times with different friends. However, rewards can only be earned once.
Given how the campaign works, creating a new account and playing in the bot lobbies won’t be easy. The best way to do this would be to find a newbie to the game and take them under experienced wings. Players can quickly level up and reach level 60 by completing daily, weekly, and special challenges.
That said, players will need to make sure that the friend they add plays regularly. If they don’t, reaching level 60 and claiming the Xander skin for free will be next to impossible. It would be better to add five new players just to be safe.