what you need to know
- Minecraft 1.19 “The Wild Update” is officially released for all players on Bedrock and Java editions.
- This hasn’t stopped Mojang Studios from releasing Minecraft Preview 220.127.116.11 to test new fixes and improvements.
- The first post-launch preview build of The Wild Update includes a considerable number of technical updates and bug fixes.
Players around the world are jumping into Minecraft’s The Wild update, an expansive content update that brings many new features to the ever-evolving survival creative sandbox. However, those who are itching to try out the latest and most experimental features are not left in the dark, as Mojang Studios is already rolling out the first post-launch preview of The Wild Update Minecraft.
Minecraft 1.19 “The Wild Update” has been publicly available for barely a day, but Mojang Studios isn’t holding back the inexorable march of development. Minecraft Preview 18.104.22.168 is now available to testers on Xbox, Windows, and iOS (with a beta version of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on Android) and brings a couple of bug fixes and changes to the latest Minecraft content release.
Minecraft didn’t become one of the most successful Xbox games of all time with Mojang Studios resting on its laurels. The latest Minecraft preview shows improvements that should make their way to the rest of Minecraft players at some point in the future, if testing goes well.
In case you missed it, I interviewed Mojang Studios about Minecraft 1.19 “The Wild Update,” the future of Minecraft, and more.
The full changelog for Minecraft Preview 22.214.171.124 It includes:
Features and bug fixes
- Guaranteed content errors are not ignored when loading entity JSON schemas with invalid value types for the following fields: the `Runtime_Identifier`, `Is_Spawnable`, and `Is_Summonable` fields for `description`, the `component_groups` field, and the `event` field for `events`
- Fixed an issue where new users who were given Operator permissions by default were unable to use operator commands.
- Fixed an issue where worlds that give Operator permissions to new users only give Member permissions
Stability and performance
- Fixed a crash that could occur if a mob has the flocking component
- Lapis Lazuli Block is now called Block of Lapis Lazuli
- Cut Copper Slab and its variants can now be placed in the top half of a block on the first try
- Commando spawned raider and vindicator captains return to being hostile by default.
how to play
- Fixed issues with mobs disappearing after going through Nether portals
- Resist effect is no longer one level weaker than it should be
- Haste I will now correctly increase the player’s extraction speed.
- Conduit Power I now grants the effect of Haste I instead of Haste II
- Container entities like Boat with Chest can now be opened on mobile without crouching if all seats are occupied
- Fog setup with negative fog start will no longer cause the flame on the player model in the UI to be polluted with the color of the fog
- The `particles_blend` material is no longer selected in RenderDragon
- Fixed an issue where carved pumpkins thrown from dispensers would not equip to nearby mobs.
- Updated icon for the Interact button
- Parrots are once again poisoned by Cookies
- The player no longer endlessly jumps after entering a boat while holding the jump button.
- Changed name from “Blossoming Azalea Leaves” to “Blossoming Azalea Leaves”
- Goat Horn now has the same sound for the “Call” variant as Java Edition
- The last Goat Horn sound was renamed from “Resist” to “Dream” to match the Java Edition
- Allays can now follow players through Nether portals
- When an Allay hears a Jukebox playing, it will do a dance animation.
- If the Jukebox stops playing, or if the allay moves too far away from the Jukebox, it will stop dancing.
- If the Allay receives an amethyst shard while dancing, it will play a small amethyst sound, make a heart, and duplicate into another Allay.
- After doubling, both Slacks will have a 2.5 minute cooldown before being able to duplicate again
- Amethyst clusters are no longer destroyed if connected to a Sculk sensor
- Frogs no longer lay Frogspawn in flowing shallows
- When a mob dies near multiple Sculk Catalysts, only the closest one will bloom.
- The “Spreads” achievement is no longer unlocked when a Sculk Catalysts blooms after the death of a mob that has no XP.
- Sculk Shrieker particles now render correctly from behind
- No more graphic artifacts popping up from the Warden or excavating the particle effect.
- Pie blocks emit `blockChange` game events when slices are eaten
Plugins and scripting engine
- Fixed an issue where projectiles with an offset were not spawning based on player rotation.
- `Exhaustion` component now uses new correct defaults
- Note that plugin packages that alter `player.json` may need to ensure that the player’s saturation rate is set correctly to match default values, if necessary.
- Renamed component `minecraft:block_light_filter` to `minecraft:light_dampening`
- Renamed the `rules` field of the `part visibility` component to `conditions`
- Changed field name of `crafting_table` component `custom_description` to `table_name`
Stability and performance
- Loading a world no longer takes a long time when the Holiday Creator features toggle is activated.
- While in spectator mode, actors in other fragments are no longer removed.