Call of Duty Warzone is one of the biggest Battle Royale games in 2022. Since the game is over two years old and released on March 10, 2020, the competitive aspect of the game is kept alive, with new seasons coming almost Every two months.
Call of Duty Warzone Pacific has allowed players to relive the past with the integration of Call of Duty Vanguard weapons added to the mix.
With over a quarter of a million players playing this game all the time, users will want to have every competitive advantage they can to secure a win. This is not only limited to the best weapons or meta weapons in loadouts, but also other factors such as internet connection, frame rate, and most importantly screen resolution.
Simple steps to enable stretched resolution in Call of Duty Warzone
Stretched Resolution, as the name suggests, is a feature through which users can modify their screen resolution to appear stretched using the game’s settings and software. Stretched resolution is not a new phenomenon as esports players often use this trick in games like Valorant, CS:GO, Fortnite, Apex and many more. However, it’s only limited to PC players at the moment.
The reason stretched resolution can help is that through it, the game allows users to perceive enemies and opponents as “wider” and helps them aim and focus their shots at them more accurately. This article aims to show players how to enable stretched resolution in Call of Duty Warzone:
Step 1) Open Nvidia Control Panel and select your display
First of all, users need to change their screen resolution using their GPU software; this will allow the game to recognize the expanded resolution as a native resolution. (This article focuses on Nvidia users, and the steps are almost similar for AMD users as well.)
To enable the feature:
- First, right-click on your home screen and select Nvidia Control Panel. Windows 11 users should select more options after right-clicking and then selecting Nvidia control panel.
- Next, go to the Change resolution option, located under the Display category in the left panel. For single monitor users, your monitor will already be selected.
- Multi-monitor users should select the monitor they intend to play on and proceed to create the custom resolution.
Step 2) Create a custom resolution and apply it
To enable extended resolution, users must create a new resolution. This is because extended resolutions are not recognized as native resolutions. For Call of Duty Warzone, the expanded resolution of 1440×1080 will be used. To do this:
- Under the Change resolution option, click the Custom button below the list of available resolutions.
- Click the checkbox and click the Create Custom Resolution button.
- In the Screen section, enter the values 1440 and 1080 in the Horizontal Pixels and Vertical Lines sections, respectively.
- Click Test, then click Yes in the Apply Changes popup. Later, the custom resolution will appear as a separate resolution under Custom. Click OK.
- Then, in the list of available resolutions, browse to the custom resolution you created (it should be available at the top of the list), select it, and click Apply.
The screen will appear stretched, and now, it’s time to move on to the final step. This will require you to open Call of Duty Warzone.
Step 3) Open Call of Duty Warzone and change the game settings
The final step will require players to open Call of Duty Warzone and modify game settings to allow the game to run in extended resolutions. To do this:
- First, open Call of Duty Warzone through Battle.net and do not click Yes to run this game in safe mode if the pop-up appears.
- In the lobby, go to Settings and then go to the Graphics section.
- Under Render Resolution, click Screen Resolution, and from the list, select the custom resolution that was created.
- Next, from the Aspect Ratio option, click any of the available options except Auto. Otherwise, the settings will revert to the original.
- Click Apply Settings and the game will now appear stretched.
Since black bars will be added to the top and bottom of the game, it is recommended that you do not attempt to remove them by changing the game files settings. Please note that any errors during said process may make the game unplayable or even cause the player to be banned.
Call of Duty Warzone is available for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S.