As you may already know, Minecraft Java Edition is the most powerful version of the game. You can customize, upgrade and modify it using the best minecraft mods as per your wishes both online and offline. But that also makes it vulnerable to a variety of bugs. One of the most common and terrible series of errors are JNI errors. Fortunately, it is very easy to resolve this Java error affecting Minecraft in no time, thanks to a couple of simple solutions. So let’s see how to fix “A JNI error has occurred” in Minecraft.
Fix JNI error in Minecraft (2022)
We first covered why the JNI error occurs when setting up a Minecraft server or opening the Minecraft launcher on your PC. However, you can use the table below to jump straight to the solution and fix your game.
What causes the JNI error in Minecraft?
Minecraft Java and all of its features depend on the Java libraries on your computer to function properly. So if you are using a Minecraft server, mods, or a feature that your system library does not support, the game might end with an error. Such errors fall into the JNI class or Java native interface mistakes
These errors usually occur when the Java files are too new or the version of Java on your device is out of date. Sometimes these errors also occur when the Java files installation path is broken. In other words, you just need to make sure that your The Java archive and Java libraries on your system are up to date and compatible with the version of Minecraft mod or server you have installed. Doing so will fix the problem immediately.
How to fix JNI error in Minecraft
There are four ways to remove JNI errors in Minecraft Java Edition. So, let’s first explain what these methods are, and then learn how to fix them:
- Supported Libraries: If you know which version of Java is required by the file that is displaying an error, you can simply install that particular version of the Java libraries on your device. So the JNI error should resolve itself.
- Install the latest Java update: All newer versions of Java come with backwards compatibility. That means that a particular version of Java supports all the files that any previous version of Java requires. So you just need install the latest version of Java to fix the JNI error without thinking twice.
- Reset java path: In certain situations, your Java software or file may check for the wrong Java installation path. If that happens, the updated version of Java will not be detected, so it will not load and will cause a “A JNI error has occurred” message in Minecraft. so you can reset the Java path in your system memory to point to the latest Java installation.
- Update JDK in Terminal: Some Linux operating systems do not allow users to download Java updates through third party download files. Then you need to use the built-in terminal to run commands that can install and update Java.
Update and install the latest version of Java (Windows, Mac and Linux)
As you may have guessed, the second option to fix JNI errors in Minecraft is the easiest and most reliable. You don’t need to do any manual investigation and just update the Java version on your system to fix the error. Here is how to do it:
1. First, go to Oracle’s official website and find the operating system of your system in the last section. We are installing Java for Windows, but you can follow the same steps for Linux and macOS.
2. Then download the Java installation file by clicking on its download link. You may need to check the installer for compatibility on a Linux-based operating system.
3. Once the download is complete, open the setup file and follow the step-by-step installation instructions.
4. You can change the location of the folder where you are installing the new version of Java. But we suggest you don’t do this as many games and software look for Java in the default directory.
5. When installation is complete, click “Closebutton ” to exit the installer. You can then run your Java files and functions, including Minecraft Java Edition, without any JNI errors.
Reset java path to fix Minecraft JNI error (Windows only)
If installing the latest update doesn’t fix the JNI errors in Minecraft, it’s possible that the path variable for Java is out of date or incorrect. In that case, follow these steps to reset the Java path variable:
1. First, use the Win Key + R Windows 11 keyboard shortcut to open the run dialog. Here, type “sysdm.cpl” and press the button Get into wrench. This will open the system properties of your device.
2. In the system properties window, go to the “advanced tab and click on the “Environment Variables” button.
3. Next, look under the “System variables” section and select the Variable “Path”. Then click the button “Edit” button.
4. Finally, use the button “Erase” to remove broken Java variable paths and restart your pc. If you’re not sure which variable to remove, you can remove all of them and reinstall Java by following the steps in the previous section.
Install Java on Linux to fix minecraft errors
To manually install Jave on your Linux operating system, open the terminal application and use the following commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install openjdk-18-jdk
remember to use one command at a time for them to work properly. But be sure to replace the digit “18” with the latest version of Java at this time. You can do a quick search to find it.
Uninstall old versions of Java on your PC (optional)
You can run Minecraft or any other software without JNI errors if you have the latest version of Java and are not affected by any older versions of Java installed on your system. But if you want, you can uninstall them anyway to save space and make sure Minecraft uses the latest installation. That is how.
1. First, press the Windows key and search for Control Panel. Click to open the Control Panel of the search results.
2. Then go to the “Uninstall a program” in the “Programs” section.
3. Here you can find all Java versions on your system. You can click on them to check your version number and double click to uninstall it.
Solve “A JNI error has occurred” in Minecraft
Thanks to new versions of the game, JNI errors are rare these days. But even if you somehow stumble upon one, you now have the power to resolve JNI errors in Minecraft. And it will surely help you while trying to create your own minecraft java server. Apart from that, you can also use the method to reduce bugs while using the best Minecraft mods. That said, if you’re still experiencing JNI or similar errors in Minecraft, feel free to reach out. You can leave your queries in the comment section and someone from our team will help you.