The launch of the second season of Call of Duty®: Vanguard Y war zone will mark the next step in our ongoing commitment to improve your gaming experience.
Last week, we shared a lot of new content for this season. However, all of that is secondary to our top priority: providing the community with a fun and positive gaming experience.
That comes with improving and fixing what’s already been released. Season Two, aside from the patches released during its delay and the updates that will come after its release, aims to do just that.
Naturally, we have exciting plans in the works across the franchise this year, but currently the team’s focus is strictly on the war zone experience We’re all playing today, addressing current frustrations, and addressing several important requests from our community.
These are our current plans:
Our priorities for war zone
The number one priority for our developers is “Quality of Life” – making changes that allow war zone be more accessible and less frustrating for our community.
Examples of this include over 30 improvements coming in the Season 2 release, including:
– Improvements to all forms of movement: vehicle handling, parachutes deploying at a lower vertical height, increased player mantle height, and collision fixes for vehicles and players.
– The gas mask animation no longer interrupts operators aiming down sights.
– When inserting armor plates, a full armor plate is refilled before the damaged ones are filled.
This is in addition to bug fixes and issues. In the second season, we will tackle various issues, including the following:
– Performance and streaming issues, including Buy Station crashes, voice chat connectivity, and distorted graphics, on all platforms.
– Operator specific skins are invisible at certain distances.
– Locks to Modern war® Multiplayer, which is linked to war zonelauncher of .
the Obligations Our studio teams monitor both public community sentiment and every aspect of the daily action that happens in our game. All of that helps us identify issues and address them, as well as what’s in development as it’s fixed before it’s released.
Ultimately, we want to focus on what you do war zone enjoyable for our community – where gameplay comes first and new features are not implemented at the cost of stability.
Another priority is community communication. This summary, our blogs, Raven Software Patch Notesand the work of our dedicated social media and community management teams are part of keeping you, the player, informed of what’s happening on war zone, Vanguardand another Obligations games.
Address top community requests
In addition to performance improvements across all platforms, we’ve heard the community loud and clear on their other top requests for war zone.
The field of view (FOV) sliders on the console are one of them.
Add FOV in console on war zone creates significant performance hits for players on previous generation consoles. Our goal is to war zone to be an effective experience on all platforms, so we do not plan to implement a FOV Slider on console at this time.
We also understand that we are not directly discussing all community requests in official communications. But we are reaffirming our commitment to listening to these concerns and ensuring vigorous and beneficial internal discussions that developers have about them before implementing solutions, whenever possible.
Season 2 will be the next big step in continually improving your gaming experience, and we continue to highly value feedback from our community.
Lastly, we also wanted to take a look at what’s coming up in 2022 for Call of Duty. The team is pleased to confirm some additional news below.
Stay cool, friends.
– This years Obligations is a sequel to Modern Warfare® 2019.
– The new game and a new war zone experience are designed together from scratch.
– Expect a massive evolution of Battle Royale with a whole new play space and new sandbox mode.
– A new engine drives both the new Obligations game launch and war zone.
– Development both in the new Obligations and the war zone The experience is being led by Infinity Ward.