Teleportation in Minecraft is a convenient way to travel thousands of blocks in a second. With some command and the help of command blocks, you’ll be traversing places in no time.
You can also teleport through different dimensions with simple commands. He can teleport from the Overworld to the Underworld or the End of the World without using any portal devices. Let’s tweak those settings and get started on teleportation.
How to teleport to coordinates in Minecraft?
There are two different processes of teleportation. It all depends on the device you are using to play Minecraft. The console has a base edition of Minecraft and uses step by step methods to help you teleport.
While the PC uses the Java edition of Minecraft that will allow players to enter commands directly on the screen through the keyboard.
In order to teleport to coordinates in Minecraft, you need to enable two important things.
- To coordinate
- cheat function
The coordinates will allow you to view your location data that you can use to teleport. The cheat feature enables the command prompt where you type your target destination to teleport. Let’s move on to enabling these two features.
How to enable coordinates and cheats?
Enabling coordinates will help you know the position of the place you want to teleport to, while enabling cheats will let you trigger commands. You need to enable coordinates and cheats to change position and teleport from one place to another.
Here are the steps to enable coordinates and cheats on the console.
- Press the option or menu button, which will open the game menu.
- Go to settings.
- press the game tab in the settings menu.
- scroll down to world option and enable show coordinates Y Activate tricks On the right side.
You can now see your coordinates at the top left of the screen.
For PC users, simply pressing F3 will reveal changing coordinates related to player movements and other information. You can turn coordinates on and off by pressing F3. There are different ways to display coordinates on a PC. However, it requires you to download additional files to the game file.
Teleport commands on the console
Console players don’t have the benefit of typing directly on the screen, so the console has different settings for entering commands. Here are the steps you can take to enter a command with your controller.
- While in-game, press the right D-pad to open the chat and send section.
- Go to the slash(/) between the keyboard and the configuration controls. Request the commands. You will see different options appear, including teleportation.
- Selecting the teleport option will present two additional options, Who Y Where.
- Select where and choose your username from the list. You can also teleport your friends by selecting players from the who option.
- The chatbox is now full of commands and your username (/tp “Player’s username”). Go to the chat box and press the X button to bring up the virtual keyboard.
- Type in the preferred location you want to teleport to with space between each axis. For example, 5698 69 6184.
Note: Having a map in hand will help you locate your position in the world.
How to use command blocks for teleportation?
If you are tired of typing commands over and over again and want to teleport with just one button press, you can use command blocks. A command block is a single block that enables cheat codes within it.
You can also experiment with different types of teleportation using command blocks.. We can get command blocks using commands in the Chat and command menu.
- write command /give @p Command_block 24 in the chat and command menu. PC users can press “T” and the chat box will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After pressing the Enter or X button, there will be a new block in your inventory.
- Select and place the block on the ground or anywhere you like. You will also need a button or lever to activate the command.
- Right click on the command block and the menu for the command block will appear.
- Write /tp @p 2545 74 1234 (The numbers are the coordinates I want to teleport to. You can use their number to teleport to the desired location.)
- Hit enter and exit the Command menu. Now place a button or a toggle on the command box. You can do this by holding down the crouch button.
- Press the button and you will be teleported to the desired coordinates.
Now you don’t always have to write the coordinates. You can activate the command in the command block with a redstone item, such as a lever or button.
Can I teleport to another dimension?
Yes, in fact, you can teleport to your preferred underworld and endworld location without the use of a portal. With the simple use of the command, you can teleport anywhere.
- Open the command prompt by pressing “T” and type /run in minecraft: the_nether run teleport @a 20 70 50 This command will teleport directly to the lower dimension.
- To go back to Over world, press “T” and type /run in minecraft: overworld run teleport @a 20 125 36 Press enter and you will be teleported back to the overworld..
- You can also teleport to the Endworld. Press “T” and type /run in minecraft:the_end run teleport @a 0 160 0 Press and you will be teleported to the world of the End.