epic games has announced the full list of Fortnite update 3.56 patch notes for you to digest, and it’s a major addition to the battle royale title.
For starters, there’s the previously confirmed shared wallet functionality for PlayStation gamers, as well as tweaks to 120 FPS and input latency for the PS5 version of the game. Update is also known as Fortnite 20.40.
Related Content – Sony PS5 Complete Guide – Everything Explained About PlayStation 5 For New Users
SIDE SHOWDOWN WEEK
Sideways may not be in sight, but Sideways weapons are back! In Sideways Showdown Week, from now until May 24, 2022 at 8:59 a.m. ET, the Sideways Rifle and Sideways Machine Gun are out of the vault. It is not the first time in a battle involving the fate of the island, you can find these weapons in chests and on the ground. How to upgrade Sideways weapons without Cube Monster Parts? Just take them to an upgrade bench!
Fortnite Sideshow Week
Earn extra XP by showing off your skill with the weapon Sideways: Sideways Showdown Week missions are active throughout this theme week! Keep an eye out for a new batch of special missions when the next theme week kicks off on May 24 at 9am ET.
BEGIN SHIELD BUBBLE VS. BALLOONS
Fortnite Shield Bubbles vs. Balloons
Talk to your bars – the Shield Bubbles/Balloons trial period has ended and now it’s time to vote. Funding stations that combine the two elements can be found at all major points of interest, so head to a funding station and contribute bars to your preferred choice. First choice to reach 100% funding based on everyone’s global contributions will win and be in the loot right away!
CONTINUE USEFUL TACTICS IN ZERO CONSTRUCTION
Fortnite zero build
Last week, to coincide with checkout cheats, the drop rate for utility items was increased for a limited time. In Zero Build, the drop rate of Shockwave Grenades, Rift-To-Gos, and Cow Catchers will continue to increase indefinitely! Keep combative traversal transport on the move.
V-BUCKS PURCHASED ON PLAYSTATION JOIN FORTNITE PORTFOLIO SHARING
Shared Fortnite and PlayStation Wallet
As of version 20.40, V-Bucks purchased on PlayStation can be used on all platforms supported by the Fortnite Shared Wallet (PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Android, and cloud gaming services). As always, V-Bucks earned on any platform through Battle Pass, Quest Packs, or Save the World are shared across all other platforms. Check out our recent blog post on the Fortnite Shared Wallet for more information.
PLAYSTATION 5 AND XBOX SERIES X|S LATENCY REDUCTION
14BR Consoles BlogHeader 1900×600
We have made performance improvements on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles running at 60 FPS that reduce input latency for gamers who select “Low Input Latency Mode” in settings (Settings > Game > Options). additional game). Low input latency has been enabled by default.
PLAYSTATION 5 – CHANGE TO HOW TO ENABLE 120 FPS IN FORTNITE
It’s now easier for PS5 players to enable 120 FPS in Fortnite.
To enable 120 FPS in Fortnite on PS5, players no longer need to go to the console settings. Instead, 120 FPS can be enabled by doing the following:
- In Fortnite, open the Settings menu from the sidebar menu.
- Click Video.
- Change the 120 FPS mode to ON.
- Click Apply.
Note: The 120 FPS option will not appear if your TV or AV receiver does not support 120 FPS output.
MIDDLE EAST SERVER REGION CHANGE
The network options for the Middle East server region have changed. To ensure that all players in the region have the best experience, if you had manually selected the server region to be Middle East, it has now been reverted to Auto.
This means that some players who are normally connected to servers in the Middle East will now connect to Europe or Asia. Competitors, be sure to check the Compete tab in-game for Cup start times.
Players can switch back to the Middle East server region if they wish, but remember that this will likely result in high ping.
- Arena Fill has been enabled.
- Sideways Showdown jumps are not included in competitive playlists.
- The winner of the Shield Bubbles vs. Balloons will not be removed from competitive playlists.
MAJOR BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue involving players not receiving social notifications if they were in a party match with another player.
- Fixed an issue with the Anvil Rocket Launcher UI not appearing.
FORTNITE CREATIVE V20.40 UPDATE: RACE TRACKS, CLOUDS & MORE
We have made performance improvements on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles running at 60 FPS that reduce input latency for players who select “Low Input Latency Mode” in settings (Settings > Game > Additional game options). Low input latency has been enabled by default.
In case you missed it, V-Bucks purchased on PlayStation join the shared Fortnite wallet! V-Bucks purchased on PlayStation can now be used on all platforms supported by the Fortnite Shared Wallet (PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Android, and cloud gaming services).
For more information, check out the V-Bucks Purchased on PlayStation Join Fortnite Shared Wallet blog.
New: Racetrack Gallery, Cloud Props and more!
Racing fans get ready to make the track of your dreams as the v20.40 updates add 11 new arcades! Within the galleries, they have 9 Racetrack galleries with straight lines, turns and railing accessories.
As you check out the new Race Track Galleries, be sure to take cover in the shade with the Cloud Prop! Previously, creators needed to use snow and other props to create a cloud. We’ve taken the feedback and now you can place nice fluffy clouds to add to any map! Primitives Shapes Gallery B with 16 new materials for creations have arrived for your use. The only limit with these is your imagination.
UPDATE: PROMOTION OF ISLANDS WITH XP ENABLED
In order to maintain a fair and consistent experience as part of our Discover experience, we are updating our policy on promoting in-game islands with XP enabled. Mentioning XP in images, trailers, and the island description can be misleading and will not be allowed; however, using the XP tag is still completely fine!
For new or updated islands, make sure your island assets correctly reflect the experience your map provides.
Note: The policy blog has not yet been updated to reflect this change.
OTHER UPDATES AND CHANGES
- You can now enable/disable slide per team/class.
- New options have been added that allow creators to change the way Overshield and Sprinting work.
- These can be accessed by setting “Overshield: More Options” and “Sprinting: More Options” to SHOW. These changes are found in the Class Designer, Team Settings, and Inventory Devices. Users can also use the My Island Game tab settings to configure the Overshield and Sprinting options.
- New media has been added to the video player. You will now have the option to use “Party Royale Mix” in the video player in addition to the six available music videos created by xDogged.
PRECAST AND GALLERY ARRANGEMENTS
- Fixed collision issues with the giant rock base in the Spire Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with the Barrier Attachment, from the Chonker’s Speedway Attachment Gallery, not having an inferior texture.
- Fixed an issue with IO Blimp and The Fortress assets being destroyed in the player building.
- Fixed an issue with the Blimp Archway IO not having a side base texture.
- The mounted anti-vehicle turret is now the heavy turret and the mounted artillery cannon is now the siege cannon.
- Fixed an issue where the Tracker would not update correctly for all teams when multiple teams could instigate
- Fixed an issue where trackers would disappear after a player left the game.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes ending a game while a prop engine was in motion would cause the prop to not return to its original position.
- Fixed an issue where the prop engine was unable to move lava tiles.
- Fixed an issue where players would lose all functionality when joining a match in progress where they were dealing a volume of damage that was set to only take out a different team
- Fixed an issue where using conditional buttons with high resource requirements would cause a server crash
- Fixed an issue that caused the enable/disable setting for the delete manager to not work.
- Fixed an issue that caused shot volumes to be visible when joining games in progress.
- Fixed an issue where selecting a color on the SkyDome device would cause a soft lock
- Fixed an issue that caused character animation to break when entering an occupied vehicle using a button
- Fixed an issue that prevented the flashlight from not turning on and producing light