Minecraft: Java Edition, the legacy version of Minecraft that started it all, gets a new snapshot almost every week that gives players a glimpse into the future of Minecraft. A new content update is coming later this year, and Mojang Studios has been tirelessly developing the release ahead of its eventual release. On Thursday, Minecraft: Java Edition Snapshot 22w19a began rolling out to interested players.
Minecraft’s latest snapshot continues to build on The Wild Update, a sizable content-packed update set to release sometime in 2022. This isn’t the most exciting snapshot for most players, aside from a handful of bug fixes. bugs and small changes, but those stuck on the technical or creator side of Minecraft may be intrigued.
The main feature of this release is none other than Chat Preview, a new feature that servers can now test through this snapshot, which allows a preview of the server-modified chat to appear above the chat edit window. chat for players. Mojang Studios’ infamous PC game also enjoys a handful of other command line changes and more.
In case you missed it, Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 220.127.116.11 is out now, along with the news that some features originally scheduled for release with The Wild Update have now been removed, like fireflies.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Instant Java Edition 22w19a includes:
- Warden and Iron Golems now make sure to spawn on something solid
- Servers can now enable chat preview, which displays a server-driven preview above the chat edit box.
- Changes to locate and place commands
- POI Labels
- Servers can enable chat preview by setting
- When enabled, a server-driven preview appears above the chat edit box, showing how the message will look when sent
- Servers can use this to preview messages with styles applied, like emojis or chat colors.
- Chat Preview sends chat messages to the server as they are typed, even before they are sent
- The server then returns the styled preview in real time
- This allows servers to apply dynamic message styles while allowing the chat to be securely signed.
- A warning screen is displayed on the client when joining a server with Chat Preview, and can be disabled globally in chat settings
- Dynamic chat style can also be controlled by the server, although this is only signed when chat preview is enabled.
- Customers can prefer to always show the original signed message by enabling “Show signed chat only” in the chat settings.
locatecommand moved to
locate poi <type: point_of_interest_type>
- Servers will now also send an additional icon and MOTD pack after a player has logged in
- This allows servers with
enable-status=falseto set an icon and MOTD for players who connect successfully
- This allows servers with
placethe command can now also drop templates to a given location
place template <template> [pos] [rotation] [mirror] [integrity] [seed]
place templateworks like using the upload button in the UI for a structure block
template: The namespace ID of a template (“structure block file”) to load and place
rotation: The rotation to apply (if omitted,
mirror: The mirroring to apply (if omitted,
integrity: The integrity value of the structure between 0 and 1
seed: The seed to use for random demotion when integrity is less than 1
Types of points of interest
- tag added
point_of_interest_type/acquirable_job_sitefor all job sites sought by villagers with no profession
- tag added
point_of_interest_type/villagefor points of interest that are part of the Village
- tag added
point_of_interest_type/bee_homefor all Bees target POIs
- Players cannot jump off the edge of blocks when sneaking if they have a block on top.
- The Sculk sensor continuously receives vibrations when next to a large fed drip sheet
- Tadpoles hatch within adjacent blocks, causing them to suffocate and die.
- Frogs often get trapped under lily pads
- Warden’s sniffing behavior continues after being distracted
- Warden disappears when he’s away
- Mineshafts can cross ancient cities
- Warden does not get angry when he is hit by a fireball.
- Warden’s “Nearby Closest” sound is not used
- Warden can stop chasing a target he just roared at
- Warden does not turn towards the direction the Sonic Boom attack is firing.
- A guardian summoned from a spawning egg that suddenly loses its AI
- Warden’s Sonic Boom cannot damage Ender Dragon, it only pushes it back.
- Warden spawns on blocks that have no collision
- Warden cannot spawn in a single layer of snow like other mobs
- Sculk sensors and Wardens detect when a player raises a shield.
- Warden’s ranged attack is no longer affected by game difficulty.
- Dying from the warden’s sonic boom does not count as the warden’s death.
- Warden froze and stopped being hostile towards the player.
- “Invalid signature for profile public key” when trying to open a single player world
- The game crashes when loading fragments consisting of puzzle blocks.
- Warden can be knocked back by explosions while emerging
/give @s goat_horngives an unregistered goat horn
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Name and ID cannot both be blank
- When passive mobs take damage from the guardian’s sonic boom, they will not run away in panic.
a catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value on all games? It’s possible. Ultimate includes your Xbox Live Gold membership, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for fun on the go. Minecraft: Java Edition is now included in PC Game Pass, with all its snapshots in tow.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.