Minecraft’s lifespan has been filled with iterative releases and an endless stream of new content, much of which has actively involved the community in its development. The next major content update for Minecraft is coming later this year, and Mojang Studios is testing the latest version with the release of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 184.108.40.206.
The new beta, or Minecraft Preview 220.127.116.11, is a minor release that includes a handful of bug fixes and tweaks for The Wild Update. The Wild update is still scheduled for release later this year, and Mojang Studios continues to add and develop the update ahead of its final release. There are no cool features included in this beta, but Mojang Studios wants to once again remind beta testers on Windows that Minecraft Preview will replace the beta in the near future.
This beta build follows recent news that some anticipated features will be removed from The Wild Update, including fireflies and improvements to the birch forest biome. While many players have expressed disappointment in this reduction, The Wild Update still includes multiple new biomes and mobs for players to enjoy.
Minecraft still sits comfortably among the favorite Xbox games for millions of gamers, but it occasionally draws criticism from community members for its seemingly slow update cadence or lack of clear communication from Mojang Studios. The wild update isn’t particularly close to release yet, so we’ll have to wait and see if the scale of this update will match the time it’s spent in the oven.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168 / Minecraft Preview 22.214.171.124 includes:
- Minecraft Beta on Windows will be retired soon!
- To continue testing new preview features, you will need to install the preview version of Minecraft
Features and bug fixes
- Allay, for now, does not teleport with its owner to the Nether
- This is a temporary change until we can fix an issue where Allays would sometimes teleport inside blocks and choke when switching dimensions.
- Fixed graphical corruption issues on Android.
- Fixed an issue that could cause severe visual glitches when using emotes more than once
- Actors using motion prediction will once again teleport without issue
Stability and performance
- Improved game performance on certain Android devices
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to render blocks that are based on biome data.
- Clicking items will once again combine items of the same type into a stack
- Added settings to change the duration of notifications.
- Fixed behavior of command blocks when cloning another command block to itself where the cloned command block would not execute its command until a redstone signal was toggled.
GameTest Framework (Experimental)
- Dedicated server has been updated to allow servers to explicitly list which script modules they want to load when running scripts
- A default configuration file is located in
/config/default/permissions.json. Without this new file, all scripting modules are disabled by default
A gaming masterpiece
Available wherever you play
Minecraft is an undisputed and complete success. It has sold hundreds of millions of copies, has a huge following of dedicated players, and allows you to unlock all your creative desires. Players can test features early with Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta, or Minecraft Preview, and contribute to the future of this legendary game.
a catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value on all games? It’s possible. Ultimate includes your Xbox Live Gold membership, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for fun on the go. Minecraft and its beta and preview programs are available through Xbox and PC Game Pass.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.