Decentralized Network Launches Minecraft Clone Metaverse on SXP Blockchain

Decentralized Network Launches Minecraft Clone Metaverse on SXP Blockchain

By definition, a metaverse is a network containing a series of two-dimensional and three-dimensional virtual worlds where users can interact and develop powerful social connections as part of a larger community. While today’s Web2 platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook are seen by many as fulfilling the need for a community, the reality is that their foundation is based on centralization and a leader. Therefore, despite their best efforts, these communities will never provide the foundation that a group of like-minded people needs to achieve their goals, at least without friction.

Blockchain technology and decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) effectively become a crucial foundation for enabling empowered and autonomous communities to steer direction, allocate resources, and influence real change. Today, centralized authorities often prove limiting, increasing the level of inefficiency communities experience in pursuing their overall mission.

Solar has emerged as a community-driven blockchain project to create an ecosystem with true governance. Ultimately, its blockchain offers a wide variety of features and tools to support enterprise-grade applications as they become part of a larger ecosystem. As a result, Solar operates on a community-focused mission, inviting users to participate in its governance system or contribute to its platform, whether as a voter, delegate, or metaverse participant.

Since then, the team has released a Minecraft-like implementation of “blockcraft” for users to participate in what will soon be an extensive metaverse. The first alpha release is set to search for Easter Eggs for research as a first step to determine if there is any interest from the community. Building on the initial success of the event, the Solar project aims to continue its progress towards building a metaverse with the creation of the Minecraft-based game for desktop and mobile, known as District 53.

A district where the community leads

Taking a closer look at District 53, users will find that several successful elements from existing metaverse projects including Decentraland and Sandbox have been incorporated, including the ability to purchase land through an auction format. Under this format, purchases are designed so that 90% of the initial cost of the transaction is burned, leaving 10% to distribute among District 53 developers.

The land will be delivered to the user’s wallet address as a non-fungible token (NFT) when purchased. As an NFT, users will be able to enter the District 53 game with this same wallet address, allowing them to build and modify these assets. This land will remain under the full control of the owner until he decides it is time to sell. The sales will then take place on the Solar NFT marketplace, where the seller will retain 100% of the proceeds.

However, the game land is not the only rewarding activity for users. With entertainment in mind, users will have the opportunity to participate in many in-game transactions that incorporate mini-games as a chance to earn SXP.

More information from Solar Network here

District 53 is also designed with business in mind, allowing developers, companies, businesses and brands opportunities where they can advertise their offers and other products in the main square. Coincidentally, this is the same place where users can spawn.

Completing the DAO transition

Today, the Solar community currently includes 35,000 like-minded individuals who have supported the project’s progress toward meeting its roadmap items. Indeed, the Solar team has stayed on track to position their project similarly to EOS, Solana (SOL), and Ethereum (ETH).

To continue to drive community engagement, Solar has consolidated plans to auction off all land and advertising space, beginning with the least valuable land until the land is sold. While the land sale features will be released soon, the final version of the metaverse won’t be released until later in the year.

Disclaimer. Cointelegraph does not endorse any content or products on this page. While our goal is to provide you with as much important information as we can obtain, readers should do their own research before taking any action related to the company and take full responsibility for their decisions, and this article cannot be considered investment advice.

Leave a Comment