Before 2022 Obligations The league’s mid-season break ends before the Major Three qualifiers, all 12 franchises and all four Challenger teams will head to Columbus, Ohio to battle for the $100,000 first-place prize in the first-ever CDL Pro event. – Am Classic.
The 16-team tournament will see each team battle it out in their group in a round-robin format to try to qualify for the eight-team single-elimination bracket that will determine the champion.
Here’s everything you need to know about the 2022 CDL Pro-Am Classic.
Thursday, May 5
|2:00 p.m. Central Time||Atlanta Faze vs. Seattle Surge||OpTic Texas vs. Ultra Academy EU||Florida Rioters vs. Minnesota RØKKR||Toronto Ultra vs. Strike X|
|3:30 p.m. Central Time||LA Thieves vs. New York Subliners||LA Guerrillas vs Ultra Academia NA||Boston Breach vs. Paris Legion||London Royal Ravens vs. Team WaR|
|5 p.m. Central Time||OpTic Texas vs. Florida Rioters||Atlanta FaZe vs. Strike X||Minnesota RØKKR vs. Ultra Academy EU||Seattle Surge vs. Toronto Ultra|
Friday, May 6
|2:00 p.m. Central Time||London Royal Ravens vs. LA Thieves||LA Guerrillas vs. the Paris Legion||New York Subliners vs. Team WaR||Boston Breach vs. Ultra Academy NA|
|3:30 p.m. Central Time||OpTic Texas vs Minnesota RØKKR||Atlanta FaZe vs. Toronto Ultra||Florida Rioters vs. Ultra Academy EU||Seattle Surge vs. Strike X|
|5 p.m. Central Time||Boston Breach vs. L.A. Guerrillas||LA Thieves vs. Team War||London Royal Ravens vs. New York Subliners||Paris Legion vs. Ultra Academy NA|
Saturday, May 7 (single delete support)
- Group A first place vs. Group B second place
- Group D first place vs. Group C second place
- Group C first place vs Group D second place
- Group B first place vs. Group A second place
During the midseason break, several teams announced that they would be testing Challengers players prior to the Classic Pro-Am. Minnesota’s RØKKR has benched MajorManiak and brought Havok back to the CDL for the next tournament.
“The last time I spoke with you, we informed you that we will be conducting tests to determine the direction we wanted to take with our roster going forward,” said RØKKR coach Saintt in Minnesota. video ad. “[Havok] he has been dominating the Challengers scene for a few months now, winning seven cups in a row and has been dominating with an SMG.”
The New York Subliners were also among the teams that tested after Crimsix. told his stream that neither he nor HyDra were jumping at the time. NYSL has yet to announce its future roster.
Due to personal issues, Gismo has been benched from his starting position with the London Royal Ravens, meaning Harry will be leaving Ultra Academy EU for the foreseeable future. With less than two days to go until the Pro-Am Classic begins, Ultra Academy EU has chosen Rafi to join their roster.
OpTic Texas also made a change to the Pro-Am Classic due to ILLeY suffers a thumb injury. Therefore, General will become part of the initial OpTic roster for this event. ILLeY is likely to return for the Major Three qualifiers, according to OpTic trainer Rambo.
Here are the teams and lineups heading into the Pro-Am Classic (New York’s roster is the only one yet to be officially announced):
- Atlanta FaZe: Arcitys, aBeZy, Cellium, Simp
- Boston Gap: Capsidal, Methodz, Nero, TJHaLy
- Florida Rioters: Davpadie, Owakening, Skyz, Vivid
- London Royal Ravens: Nastie, Harry, Afro, Zer0
- Los Angeles Guerrillas: Asim, Huke, SlasheR, Spart
- LA Thieves: Drazah, Envoy, Kenny, Octane
- Minnesota RØKKR: Havok, Standy, Attach, Priestahh
- New York Subliners: HyDra, Crimsix, KiSMET, PaulEhx
- OpTic Texas: Dashy, General, Trash, Shotzzy
- Paris Legion: GRVTY, Temp, Jimbo, John
- Seattle Surge: Bb, Mack, Accuracy, Pred
- Toronto Ultra: Cammy, Insight, Bance, CleanX
- Ultra Academy NA: Vikul, Scrappy, Hicksy, MohaK
- Ultra Academy EU: Furious, Rafi, Vortex, Beans
- War Team: Denza, Maple, Wardy, Weeman
- Strike X: Gunsii, Fire, Ramby, SiLLY
The Pro-Am Classic will take place May 5-8 and will be broadcast live across four streams—Main, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta—from the Obligations League YouTube channel.