Just in time for the end of the month, Mojang Studios have released a new Minecraft: Java Edition snapshot for the week with new features from The Wild Update and the Java Edition debut of the lovable and helpful allay mob. Mojang Studios also included many technical updates and bug fixes in this version for players to explore.
Hot on the heels of the latest Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta release, comes Minecraft: Java Edition Snapshot 22w13a as the latest addition to The Wild Update’s rapidly growing list of snapshots. In this release, allay mob finally appears in the legacy version of Minecraft, and he’s eager to be your friend, collect items similar to what he has, and fall in love with note blocks.
This snapshot also includes an updated version of the Ancient Cities, which can be located in the creepy Deep Dark biome, and many other changes and adjustments. Being one of the best games on PC comes with a lot of responsibility, and Mojang Studios makes sure that Minecraft: Java Edition is up to the task with regular updates and improvements.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Instant Java Edition 22w13a includes:
- Added Allay’s Mob
- Ancient cities added
- Allays will collect all surrounding items that match the item they have
- Allies will like a player who delivers an item to them and will bring the items they collect to their favorite player.
- If Allay hears a note block being played, that note block becomes Allay’s favorite note block for 30 seconds. The Allay will stay near that note block during that time and will bring collected items to the note block instead of the player.
- Interacting with an Allay with an empty hand will remove the item the Allay has
- Allies can be found at Pillager Outposts and Woodland Mansions
- Wander the halls of these long-abandoned structures deep in the Deep Dark to discover some long-forgotten relics.
- Ancient city structures spawn in the Deep Dark biome
- In chests, protected by sculk and screech sensors, you can find the new Swift Sneaking enchantment.
- You can also find a new mysterious block called Reinforced Deepslate here, which cannot be obtained in Survival
- Mobs cannot spawn in Ancient Cities
- Differences compared to the experimental snapshots:
- Many adjustments have been made to the Old Cities, with new and modified structures.
- Loot tables have been adjusted for old cities, including a separate loot table for “ice box” structures.
Recipes for minecart with chest/furnace/TNT/hopper are now shapeless When broken, each minecart variant drops as one item, instead of splitting into two items (like chest and minecart) Only wool and wool rugs now block out sounds coming from note blocks
- Sculk Shrieker Block State Changes
- Renamed some game events
- Triggers when a player kills an entity alongside Sculk Catalyst.
player— a player for whom this trigger is executed
entity– a predicate for the entity that was killed
killing_blow– a predicate of how the entity was killed
can_summonblockstate to the Sculk Shrieker that determines whether a Shrieker can summon a Guardian or not
- Shriekers placed through
can_summonset to true
- When a Shrieker is placed or spawned via Sculk spread,
can_summonis set to false
- Some in-game events have been renamed, with some of those changes to make them more grammatically consistent:
- The following events have collapsed into
- Other miscellaneous changes to game events:
ring_bellhas been removed and replaced by
shulker_closehave been removed in favor of using
fishing_rod_reel_inhave been renamed to
ignore_vibrations_on_occluding_blockgame event tag with post logic
entity_interactshould be sent more often when interacting with multiple mobs
- The Z fight can be seen on the bottom of the frog legs.
- Z-fight textures inside the frog’s mouth.
- Frogs appear the wrong color in some biomes
- Frogs are not required to be bred for the Two by Two advancement
- Dispensing a tadpole cube dispenses the item, rather than water with a tadpole
- Chest locks inside chest canisters are set a bit too high
- Chested ships do not drop items contained in the chest when destroyed in Creative
- GUI Scale is a slider instead of a button
- Options have missing or untranslated names
- The underside of Warden’s right arm is missing from
- Game crash regarding guardian
- Canisters with Chests are not grouped in the cookbook.
- The chatScale option defaults to 0.0 instead of 1.0, which makes the chat disappear
- Furnaces, blast furnaces, and smokers won’t cook without fuel in the bottom slot, even if they’re already on
- Four-legged mobs don’t sit properly in a chest boat
- Guardians cannot pass over the rails
a catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value on all games? It’s possible. Ultimate includes your Xbox Live Gold membership, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for fun on the go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more being added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.