The newest one Minecraft snapshot, version 22W16A, brings new music, a new item to collect, and modifies Allay’s abilities.
While the features in this snapshot are mostly smaller, they are important for the future of Minecraft because they are building blocks for the next wild update. Here’s everything in the latest snapshot.
Four new music tracks, Ancestry, Aerie, Firebugs, and Labyrinthine, have been added in this snapshot for the upcoming Wild update. These tracks will play while players are in certain biomes and in the main menu.
A new disk fragment feature was introduced in snapshot 22W16A. Disc Fragments are a new item that can be found in chests in old cities; however, they are extremely rare.
Players lucky enough to collect nine Disc Fragments can turn them into a new Music Disc. Music Disc Five was also introduced in this snapshot, but it is difficult to obtain because creating it by obtaining nine shards is the only way players can obtain it.
Some aspects of how Allay works in Minecraft were modified in this snapshot. Flying creatures health increased from ten to 20. Allay’s delay after throwing an item has also been reduced from five to three seconds to make them work more efficiently.
Allay’s now has an improved search range that was raised from nine to 32. The arc they throw items at has also been changed in response to community feedback.
Finally, Allay’s speed function has been changed. They will now move slower while wandering and move faster while actively collecting items, going to players, or going to a note block.
A full list of new features, changes, and bugs that have been fixed in the 22W16A snapshot is available below, courtesy of Mojang.
New features in 22W16A
- added new music
- Disc Fragment 5 and Music Disc 5 added
Four new music tracks.
- The new music tracks are called Ancestry, Aerie, Firebugs, and Labyrinthine.
- They play in certain biomes and in the main menu.
music disk five
A new music disc has been added to the game.
- Unlike other Disks, it can only be obtained by finding and crafting 9 Disk Fragments together.
- These disk fragments can rarely be found in chests in the ancient city.
Changes in 22W16A
- Dissipation Settings
- Improved the predictability of a number of game elements.
- Frogs can now spawn in grass, mud, mossy mat, mangrove roots, and muddy mangrove roots.
- Froglights are now movable by pistons
- Health relief increased from 10 to 20
- Delay after item cast reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds
- Item search range increased from 9 to 32
- Movement Speed Changes:
- Allay is now slower when just roaming.
- Allay is now faster when collecting items, going to the player, or going to a note block
- The launch arc has changed based on community feedback.
Random event predictability
Some random events are now more predictable and no longer have the chance for extreme behavior.
- Placement and speed of things falling from droppers/dispensers
- Placement and speed of items spawned from containers upon destruction
- Follow_range random component attribute for mobs
- Speed of horses spawned from skeleton traps
- Random Blaze position and random speed of Blaze’s projectiles
- Random portion of damage and speed of Arrows
- Fireworks Random Flying Pattern
- Swing patterns and time to a fish for fishing rods
Technical changes in 22W16A
- The LWJGL library has been updated to version 3.3.1
- Added a heap memory allocation metric to the F3 debug screen
- Added doWardenSpawning game rule
- paint updates
- Placeable paintings in Survival can now be controlled with the painting_variant/placeable tag
- Added unused paintings from the Bedrock edition (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water)
- These paints cannot be placed by default, but can be added via a data pack
Fixed bugs in 22W16A
- MC-81870 – Painting entity data editing is not reflected in-game until the shard is reloaded
- MC-111809 – Paintings are undone when entity data is updated rapidly
- MC-187188 – NBT paint and registration contain a typo: “Reason” instead of “Reason”
- MC-226184 – Axolotls looking for paths to water can sometimes fall into wide holes
- MC-228049 – Axolotl cannot find paths through open doors
- MC-228174 – Axolotls try to find their way through 2 high walls
- MC-244957 – The “Search” option on the social interactions screen is not labeled in the correct order when using the tab
- MC-245001 – The “Manage with Microsoft account” button in the social interactions menu is not centered
- MC-249084 – No sound present to place a tadpole cube
- MC-249092 – Mangrove Stripped Log, Stripped Wood and Wood are in the wrong order in creative inventory
- MC-249176 – Froglights are not visible on maps
- MC-249193 – The frog cannot find its way through open doors.
- MC-249217 – The fluid level next to the frog lights is too low
- MC-249245 – The tortoise cannot find its way through open doors.
- MC-249246 – Strider cannot find paths through open doors
- MC-249265 – Some blocks cannot be placed on the frog lights
- MC-249459 – The cactus is not destroyed by the lights of the frogs.
- MC-249663 – The subtitles of some imitation parrot sounds are inconsistent with the subtitles of the original sounds
- MC-249679 – Incorrect triggering of guardian tracking behavior and animations
- MC-249715 – Allays don’t drop their held items on death
- MC-249766 – Allies can disappear after receiving an item if they haven’t picked up any items yet.
- MC-249790 – Allay follows and drops items for players in spectator mode
- MC-249838 – Allays lose their idle animation once they start moving
- MC-249855 – Parity issue: allays do not have a flying animation in Java
- MC-249912 – minecraft:ancient_city/city_center_3 is one block shorter compared to the other ancient city centers
- MC-249928 – Mangrove tree roots do not update blocks around them when spawned
- MC-250039 – Guardians can get mad at mobs outside the world border
- MC-250040 – Guardians can hear mobs beyond the world border
- MC-250041 – Guardians can spawn outside the world border
- MC-250044 – Observers do not detect mangrove roots when the tree grows
- MC-250094 – Guardians ignore/kill execution while emerging or digging
- MC-250095 – Guardians can spawn in very tight places, causing them to suffocate.
- MC-250293 – The “allay_dust” particle is not used
- MC-250294 – Parity issue: Allays item detection range is significantly smaller than in Bedrock