Minecraft is available on all major platforms, including PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and PC, and continues to be played by millions of players each year. Many want to record their adventures but don’t know how to capture them. Here, we’ll go over how to do just that.
Depending on the source you use, many people believe that Minecraft is the best-selling game ever registering more than 200 million copies sold on tons of available platforms.
Over the past 11 years, gamers have wasted countless hours creating amazing houses, fiddling with fun mods, and clogging up the games best and most attractive servers.
YouTube and social media stars love to share their Minecraft gameplay for all to see, but wouldn’t you want to do the same?
What platforms allow you to record Minecraft?
Every platform Minecraft is on allows you to record Minecraft in some capacitysome being a bit more limited than others.
Even if it’s just a 30-second clip, you should be able to capture and upload whatever gameplay footage you want on your platform of choice.
Such is the power and popularity of Minecraft, Mojang made it a priority to make its world-building phenomenon accessible to as many people as possible, and with good reason!
The way you record Minecraft gameplay will vary from platform to platform, so we’ll give you a brief overview of how it works in the various formats.
PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
Sony has made it incredibly easy to capture your Minecraft shenanigans on PS4 and PS5, as each generation has the ‘Share’ function.
This is what you will have to do:
- Play Minecraft until you reach the moment you want to capture
- To record, quickly press the Share button twice and it will automatically save the specified amount of time you set to do so.
- You can see your recording at ‘Capture Gallery’ and trim clips to make them more concise
- Once you are satisfied, you can upload them to social networks.
Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
Xbox users will find that the method for green ticking is not too different from Sony consoles, as Xbox also has a button designed for content creation.
Here’s how Xbox differs:
- Decide if you want to record a certain clip or a complete part of the Minecraft game
- Press the Xbox button on your controller and then press X to ‘record that’ on xbox one
- On xbox series xyou’ll want to hit the capture button and select what you want to do
- Again, you can cut and change the footage before sharing it on social media.
If you’re enjoying Minecraft on Nintendo’s portable beast, then on the one hand, you’ll be pleased to know that you can, in fact, record video. However, it’s limited to just 30 seconds per clip, so full recording sessions aren’t possible.
If you still want those smaller clips, here are the simple instructions to follow:
- Play Minecraft until you feel like something is worth cutting
- To do so, press and hold the Nintendo Switch capture button
- By doing so, the system will record your last 30 seconds of gameplay.
- You will know that it has worked as the system will say ‘Saved successfully’ when I finish
- Although its capabilities are more limited, the console still has the option to edit video
- Once you are satisfied, you will be able to load your created clip.
Unlike consoles, PC is where your biggest pool of freedom comes into play with regards to capturing Minecraft footage and editing it.
You have many more options and let’s go over some of them now:
- You will need a decent screenshot software
- A handful of some of the best options include Bandicam, DXTory, Hypercam, Fraps, Y VSDC
- Modify the settings of your chosen software to suit your setup, including voice recording if required
- It doesn’t matter if it’s a short guide, a demo, or a long stream, start the recording process when you’re ready
- Your installed software should capture everything that happens in the game
- When you’re done, click to stop recording and decide if you need to touch up the footage, add your face camera, etc.
- Once the video is complete, upload it to your desired social media channel, for example, YouTube
Yes! Even mobile phone gamers can retain the Minecraft video game and the condensed version of Minecraft is still extremely popular with millions and millions of downloads.
Here’s how to manage your Minecraft Pocket recordings:
- As with PC users, you will need screenshot software to do this
- Choose one of the following: Apowersoft Screen Recorder, Screen Recorder AZ, Screen Recorder ADV, Recorder DU, EaseUS RecExperts, either Mobizen screen recorder
- Download and install the chosen application on your mobile device
- Open the app and select to record the screen action
- Like all of the above, once you’re happy with the footage, it’s on your phone to manipulate it however you like.
- Alternatively, you can always transfer the file to PC and customize it that way too
- The final cut can be uploaded and used however you like.
For more informative and helpful Minecraft guides, check out our collection below:
The best Minecraft seeds | How to make Concrete in Minecraft | How To Change Villager Jobs | How to make potions | How to teleport in Minecraft | Best Minecraft Cheats and Console Commands | Best Bedrock Shaders and Texture Packs