Enchanting is a unique aspect of Minecraft. It is a process used to make stronger and more effective weapons, tools, books, and armor. There are a ton of enchantments in Minecraft. Many of them are used to help with specific actions or processes.
For example, the Fortune enchantment increases the number of resource drops that are gained when a specific block is mined. A similar charm is the Silk Touch Charm.
The Silk Touch enchantment is a valuable enchantment that allows Minecraft players to collect a specific resource block as a whole, i.e. the block drops as loot only.
This enchantment was added to the game so that players would have the ability to collect some supposedly unobtainable blocks in early editions of the game, such as grass blocks, ore blocks, and packed ice.
Players can use this enchantment in many ways. For example, players can mine a diamond ore block with Silk Touch and then wait to mine it when they get the Fortune enchantment on their pickaxe.
This article will guide players on how to craft a pickaxe and enchant it with the Silk Touch enchantment.
Minecraft: Steps to make a Silk Touch pickaxe
To make a Silk Touch pickaxe, players must first make a pickaxe. As all gamers know, pickaxes are the main piece of equipment a player uses to make their way through the game’s various caves and treacherous surfaces.
However, players should note that Silk Touch can be applied to and works with all tool-based items in the game, such as the pickaxe and shovel. The blocks obtained by using Silk Touch can be used in decoration and other essential tasks within the game.
Players can follow the below steps to make a pickaxe in Minecraft
- Chop down a tree, break off some leaves, place some bamboo inside a crafting rack, or break up some dead bushes. Dead bushes can be found in desert or mesa biomes. Each method mentioned above gives the player sticks.
- Collect wooden planks, iron ingots, gold ingots, netherite ingots or diamonds.
- Place three ingots or pieces of the desired resource in a horizontal line on the top three grid squares of a crafting table and three vertical sticks below the middle ingot or piece.
- This will result in a pickaxe of that particular resource being crafted.
Players can follow the below steps to get Silk Touch on their Pickaxe (via Enchantment) in Minecraft
- Make an enchantment table using a book, two diamonds, and three obsidian blocks.
- Get some lapis lazuli, found anywhere below sea level. This means that it can be found between Y levels -64 and 64.
- The player must ensure that they have at least 30 experience levels, as the best and most powerful enchantments are available at levels 30 and above.
- There are two slots inside an enchantment table. Place some lapis lazuli in the slot on the right. Place the pickaxe on top of the enchanted one inside the slot on the left.
Getting the Silk Touch enchantment is a bit of a guessing game as there are high chances for players to get it as there are only four pieces of gear this enchantment is compatible with. However, when players get the enchantment, it will come with two more high level enchantments.
The only way is to keep trying. This is why it is recommended to have a lot of lapis lazuli, many experience levels, and various tools for the enchanting process to avoid disappointment.
Some other ways to get the Silk Touch enchantment
There are three other ways to get the Silk Touch enchantment in Minecraft. The first is trading with the villagers. The Librarian Villager can trade every enchanted book in the game.
Players can level up a Librarian and try to get him to exchange the enchantment. The second method is to search for the enchantment book in a loot chest, such as a dungeon chest. The third method is to engage in fishing.