what you need to know
- Minecraft Live 2022 is taking the internet by storm with countless Minecraft-related announcements.
- During the event, Mojang Studios revealed more information about Minecraft Dungeons Season 3.
- Dubbed ‘Fauna Faire’, the update is very pet-themed, with tons of new content like a new Merchant, multiplayer The Tower, and more.
- Minecraft Dungeons Season 3 Fauna Faire arrives for all players on October 19, 2022 along with a new Adventure Pass.
Minecraft Dungeons is barely recognizable compared to the quirky and unique Minecraft spin-off action RPG that originally released over two years ago. Mojang Studios and Double Eleven have spent their time releasing DLC expansions and adding new content, and the journey isn’t over yet. More details of the upcoming Minecraft Dungeons seasonal adventure were revealed on Saturday.
Minecraft Dungeons Seasons 3 Fauna Faire has already been announced a few days before, but Mojang Studios decided minecraft live 2022 to deliver a deep dive into all the new content, features, and changes coming to players in the near future. Players still invested in Minecraft Dungeons, or those looking for an excuse to return, should pay close attention to the animal-themed fun coming with the third Minecraft Dungeons Season Adventure, including:
- Fauna Faire is all about animals. With Minecraft Dungeons Season 3, the entire game will be getting an animal mobs-themed makeover. This includes new lights and decorations in the Camp, a new loading screen, and more.
- Lots of new pets. Of course, you can’t have an animal themed party without animals! Minecraft Dungeons Season 3 will bring a ton of new pets to the game.
- During Minecraft Live 2022, Mojang Studios showed off several new pets, including the lovable Red Panda, Emperor Penguin, Ferret, Raccoon, Hedgehog, and Skunk.
- Some of the new pets come directly from the now-dead Minecraft Earth.
- Animal themed cosmetics. To finish off the animal theme, Mojang Studios will also be bringing a host of unique cosmetics to Minecraft Dungeons.
- Animal-themed masks include onesies and much more.
- Animal style and behavior gestures let you play as your favorite animal.
- New Adventure Pass. Of course, Minecraft Dungeons Season 3 comes with a new Adventure Pass, just like the previous two Season Adventures.
- Players can complete quests and earn Adventure Points through regular play to progress through levels.
- Tiers provide a number of themed cosmetics and other rewards.
- All players will have access to free tiers, while the Adventure Pass will unlock exclusive premium tiers.
- New Enchantsmith merchant. Minecraft Dungeons’ Camp is gaining a new Trader to help players max out their loadouts and reach new levels of power: the Enchantsmith.
- The Enchantsmith can randomly repeat enchantments on weapons and armor in exchange for emeralds.
- Players can choose which enchantment to repeat, but they have no control over which new enchantment they get.
- Players can rescue Enchantsmith from Highblock Halls
- The Tower gets multiplayer and new content. The Tower is a multi-level, procedurally generated dungeon that begins with each player on a blank character, progressing through the floors to gain newer and more powerful gear. With Minecraft Dungeons Season 3, you’re getting a lot of new content.
- The Tower is getting four-player cooperative multiplayer, with each player starting with a blank character.
- Just like the base game, the difficulty will adjust to the number of players and each player will get exclusive rewards.
- The Tower will also have new floors inspired by Windswept Peaks, Cacti Canyon, and The End.
- Two new bosses join The Tower with Tempest Golem and Ancient Guardian
- Free Tree Top Tangle Mission. All Minecraft Dungeons players will gain access to a new free level with Season 3, called the Tree Top Tangle.
- Tree Top Tangle can be found in the jungle biome, added in the Jungle Awakens DLC expansion
- The level takes place around a giant ancient tree and contains new exclusive equipment.
- In the level, players can find and earn the Soul Totem of Casting artifact, Root Rot armor, and Unique Black Spot armor.
- Big balance changes and improvements. Mojang Studios has been collecting feedback from the community to deliver a host of balance changes with Minecraft Dungeons Season 3.
- Many artifacts, weapons, and armor will be balanced, with a focus on buffs rather than nerfs.
- Many enchantments will enjoy tweaks and adjustments.
It’s clear that Minecraft Dungeons’ Fauna Faire update is packed with promising additions for players to explore, continuing to improve upon what is already one of the best games on xbox. There’s plenty here for players who intend to purchase the Premium Adventure Pass and aim to complete it perfectly, those interested in pets and other free content, and those looking for some sweet new online co-op action. Minecraft Dungeons Season 3 Fauna Faire officially arrives on October 19, 2022 for all platforms where Minecraft Dungeons is available.
Additionally, Mojang Studios detailed the return of Spooky Fall, a collaboration between Minecraft Dungeons and Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, coming on October 26, 2022. The event will include some exclusive challenges and rewards, such as the Hungriest Horror and Cloaked armor sets. There will also be a Minecraft Dungeons Heroes Skin Pack available in both games, making this the first crossover skin pack between Minecraft Dungeons and standard Minecraft.