This list of frequently asked questions includes all the information you need to know about the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 release date and time, as well as other information.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is the latest installment in the long-running Call of Duty series. This list of FAQs covers everything you need to know about the game’s release date, upcoming DLC, expansions, and new game mode raids, as well as various questions about Early Access and Warzone 2.
We will keep this page updated with any new information that appears prior to the game’s release on October 28 and the beginning of season one Y war zone 2 in November 2022.
What is the release date and time for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?
Modern Warfare releases on October 28, 2022. Players who have pre-ordered the game can play the early access campaign from October 20 and multiplayer starting October 28.
Modern Warfare 2 preload times
You can start preloading the game. in the console Friday, October 21 at:
- 1pm ET, 10am PT, 6pm BST, 7pm CEST
You can start preloading the game. on computer Wednesday, October 27 at:
- 1pm ET, 10am PT, 6pm BST, 7pm CEST
Console preloads start automatically. You cannot manually start the preload by opening the game through the main menu. To preload on PC, open Steam or Battlenet and open the game there.
Modern Warfare 2 release time
Modern Warfare 2 officially launches on friday october 28 a:
- 5am BST, 6am CEST, midnight ET
Multiplayer release time for Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty multiplayer releases:
- 21:00 PT, October 27, 2022
- Midnight ET, October 27-28, 2022
- 5am BST, Oct 28, 2022
PC startup time is globally blocked, as in the game comes out at the same time for everyone. However the the console release of the game is region specific. That means if you can change your console’s time zone, this predominantly works on Xbox, then you can get access to the game sooner. Switch to New Zealand and see if you can access the game on October 27th.
How long is the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 campaign?
It took our reviewer five hours to complete the campaignplayed on Regular difficulty.
Is the Vault edition worth it?
The Vault edition is a digital-only pre-order version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and the more expensive of the two versions: Standard and Vault. What do you get inside the game version? Is it worth the extra money?
- Get four exclusive operators to use in multiplayer: Ghost, Soap, Farah and Price
- FJX Ash Gun Vault
- Season One Battle Pass as well as 50 Skips
- Phantom Legacy Pack
- Free Ghost Operator in COD: Mobile
This is worth it? Outside of that list, it’s really the gun vault that has us excited. Weapon Vaults are new to Modern Warfare 2 and are somewhat similar to blueprints from previous CoD games in that they provide cosmetic packs for your weapon. The vaults are a total overhaul and the FJX Cinder looks pretty good.
Getting the Battle Pass and skips also saves you some money when Season 1 kicks off in November. The preseason runs from October 28 through November, so you won’t see an immediate return.
In general, grab this version of the game if you want to get those exclusive items, like we are not sure if they will be available in the game once it is released.
Warzone 2 release date and time
Warzone 2 will be released as a free-to-play standalone title November 16, 2022. That’s a couple of weeks after the full release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Warzone is free to play, but the Call of Duty base game and multiplayer are not free to play.
- Warzone will have a new map
- Gameplay improvements from Modern Warfare 2 will also appear in Warzone 2
- All previous unlocks will be cleared – this is a new beginning for Call of Duty Battle Royale addon
- Swimming has been added, along with improved vehicles and performance.
- The game is available on previous and next generation platforms including PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.
- Warzone’s new map is called Al Mazrah, a key part of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 campaign