Fortnite is one of the most popular free Battle Royale games, accessible on consoles, PC and even mobile devices. Although the game has its drawbacks, it is a fun title and suitable for everyone. Generally, the installation Fortnite on any device should be free of stress; however, that is not the case with Chromebooks.
A Chromebook is not the best option for gaming due to the specifications and restrictions of the machine. Regardless, it is possible play games like Fortnite on the device. installing Fortnite on Chromebook will require some technical knowledge, but we will show you safe ways to accomplish this task.
Method 1: Download Fortnite APK
Fortnite is playable on Android, and through certain procedures, it is possible to play Fortnite on Chromebooks. In simple terms, by using this method, players will gain access to Fortnite mobile version (Android) on the Chromebook.
Play Fortnite on the Chromebook using an APK file, you will need to follow these steps:
- First, enable developer mode on the Chromebook. To do this, reboot the machine and go to settings. Enabling Developer Mode will allow players to download the Fortnite APK without stress. To enable Developer mode in Chrome OS, use the shortcut CONTROL + CHANGE = j. Then write CONTROL + CHANGE + METER to change Chrome’s perspective to the mobile version.
- Putting Chrome in Developer mode will allow users to access the Google Play Store on the Chromebook.
- then go to Settings on the Chromebook and click the Applications icon. After doing this, ‘enable installing apps from the Play Store on your Chromebook
- Click on Plus.
- Select ‘I agree.’
- Your Chromebook is programmed to prevent installation from unknown sources by default, so you’ll need to disable it. To do this, go to Application Settings and enable installation from unknown sources in the security section.
- Before downloading the Fortnite apk, you will need to install a file manager app. Since you now have access to the Google Play store, install any decent file manager app on the store.
- Then download the Android version of Fortnite of epic games.
- After downloading the APK file, open the file manager app downloaded from Google Play Store, install Fortnite APK and start playing!
NOTE: This method does not work for all Chromebooks, especially those with intel processors. However, if this method doesn’t work, try the others highlighted in this guide.
Method 2: Use Nvidia GeForce Now on Chromebook
Chromebook isn’t exactly designed for gaming or high-end tasks, considering the computer’s decent specs. However, Chromebook users can still enjoy playing Fortnite wearing nvidia geforce now. Nvidia GeForce Now is a cloud-based streaming service which requires a constant internet connection to play games like Fortnite in that. Frankly speaking, this is the best alternative for Chromebook users interested in gaming Fortnite.
To access Fortnite on Nvidia GeForce Now, follow these steps:
- Go to the GeForce Now website in a decent browser, preferably Chrome, and hit Join Now in the top corner of the website.
- After clicking ‘Join now‘, the site will display the available membership plans. Choose a suitable plan by clicking ‘Join’ at the bottom of any of the plans.
- clicking on Join will automatically redirect users to the Nvidia portal to create or sign in to an existing Nvidia account. For new users, type your email and click Create an account.
- Next, click on your email inbox and click on the necessary permissions to create an account.
- After doing this, complete your profile by entering your account information.
- Confirm your account settings by checking the required boxes. Click Send.
- After creating your account, log back into your GeForce Now account and search for Fortnite.
- Fortnite it’s free on GeForce, so gamers can add it to their libraries and play later.
- Sign in to your Epic Games account and link it to your GeForce Now account.
After implementing these steps, Chromebook users should be able to play Fortnite easily in your browsers without modifying anything on the Chromebook system.
Method 3 – Using Chrome Remote Desktop Stream
This option is only valid for Chromebook users who own a PC. What this method implies is the transmission Fortnite from PC directly to a Chromebook, using Chrome Remote Desktop. Although the app will run on PC, you will still be able to play the game on Chromebook.
To connect a PC to the Chromebook, using Chrome Remote Desktop, implement these steps.
- Discharge Fortnite in the computer.
- Next, download Chrome Remote Desktop on your Chromebook.
- Make sure both the PC and the Chromebook are linked to the same Google account.
- On the Chromebook, launch the Chrome Remote Desktop app and connect to your PC.
After doing this, players should be able to play. Fortnite on Chromebook-PC connection with the help of Chrome Remote Desktop.
Method 4 – Using Xbox Cloud Gaming
As a Chromebook user, one of the benefits of getting Xbox Game Pass is using the Xbox cloud gaming streaming service Fortnite to your Chromebook. This method is similar to using Nvidia GeForce Now, but it’s the best option if you own an Xbox console.
To use Xbox cloud gamingfollow these simple steps:
- Purchase an Xbox Game Pass subscription.
- Put Chrome in Developer mode.
- Install the Xbox Game Pass app through the Google Play Store on the Chromebook.
- In the app, find Fortnite and play.
NOTE: The xbox game pass the app is still in beta so keep this in mind while playing Fortnite in that.
Fortnite is available now for PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and mobile devices.