The latest Bedrock Minecraft update is here and it’s a big one, folks. Version 1.19.30 brings with it a ton of gameplay updates, bug fixes, and technical improvements, making mining a more enjoyable experience than ever (hopefully).
There’s a lot to figure out, so let’s dig deeper (note: the hardcoded links in the breakdown below will take you to each referenced bug ticket, in case you want a little more info):
how to play
- Changed the Fireball entity collision box to match the Java edition.
- The enchanting table now makes a sound when enchanting an item.
- Amethyst blocks no longer make sound when jumping from them.
- Fixed the bottom texture of the Melon block to match the top texture (mcpe-31035)
- The item stack popup animation will now only play when a new item is added to the stack (MCPE-23995)
- Fixed an issue where light blocks would be removed when placing an armor stand on them (MCPE-151856)
- Changed some structure names in the /locate command to have underscores, as in the Java Edition (eg old_city -> old_city); old names will still work but won’t show up in autocomplete
- Fixed an issue where ships with chests would not drop the contents of the chest when destroyed with the /kill command (MCPE-160186)
- Eating a stew will now leave the empty bowl in the slot it was eaten from (MCPE-56367)
- Drinking a potion will now leave the empty glass bottle in the slot you drank it from instead of the first empty inventory slot (MCPE-26436)
- Oak and mangrove fence gates are now flammable (MCPE-160098)
- Fixed Hoglin and Zoglin hitbox size and hit range to match Java edition (MCPE-65424)
- Increased Sculk Shrieker and Sculk Sensor spawn rates in Deep Dark and Ancient Cities to better match the Java Edition (MCPE-153525)
- Changed the position of the Cat’s head while sitting to match the Java Edition (MCPE-46668)
- If a villager has a name tag, it is now displayed along with their trade level (MCPE-152644)
Spectator Mode (Experimental)
- Layers are no longer rendered in Spectator mode (MCPE-156929)
- Spectating players in Lava Cauldrons no longer display the burning animation (MCPE-160331)
- Players in Spectator mode are no longer affected by the powder snow fog effect (MCPE-156683)
- Sadly, leashed animals will no longer follow viewers (MCPE-157065)
- Players in Spectator mode no longer emit particles while running (MCPE-160397)
- Spectating players with status effects applied no longer emit particles (MCPE-160398)
- Endermen no longer get angry at players in Spectator mode (MCPE-156742)
- Players in Spectator mode can no longer interact with Sculk sensors while swimming in water or lava (MCPE-153879)
- Players switching to Spectator Mode will unhook any hooks attached to them.
- Players in Spectator mode can no longer be knocked back by explosions (MCPE-156687)
- Powder snow no longer emits particles when spectators move through it (MCPE-153876)
- Big Dripleaf no longer tilts when touched by players in Spectator mode (MCPE-156686)
- Players in Spectator Mode now keep their inventories and equipped items on death (MCPE-156681)
- Spectators can no longer attract the attention of the crowd when holding their favorite food (MCPE-153882)
- The /testfor command can now target viewers (MCPE-158042)
- Spectator game mode can no longer be entered via the /gamemode 6 command, only via /gamemode spectator
- Spectators using touch controls can no longer break ships and mining carts (MCPE-158307)
- Parrots sitting on a player’s shoulder now jump when entering Spectator mode
- Animals and mobs with follow_owner behavior no longer follows viewers
- Animals and mobs with find_mount behavior no longer try to mount Spectators
- Spectator players won’t get cold feet and the Frost Walker enchantment now doesn’t affect water.
- The puffer fish no longer reacts to nearby spectators.
- Fixed a bug that would rarely cause the villager’s bounding box to get out of sync with the server when sleeping
- Fixed a bug that caused an occasional crash when loading players into beds
- The game no longer crashes when browsing the Marketplace
- Fixed a crash that could occur when resuming the game on Xbox
- Fixed a bug where deleting cloud-synced worlds would not delete the cloud version of the world when the player deletes the world locally.
- Fixed PlayStation 4 audio stuttering issues while frame rate is low (MCPE-158902)
- Fixed a crash issue related to undyed Shulkers
- Common Marketplace connection issues will now automatically resolve when conditions improve without the need to restart Minecraft (MCPE-155025)
- Fixed performance issues when Striders are ridden by baby Striders (MCPE-146478)
- Fixed a crash that would occur on some devices when loading worlds with texture packs applied (mcpe-160800)
- Fixed a crash when loading an unnamed world using the “Play Realm” button
how to play
- Music is now included in the mobile app and no longer has to be downloaded from the Marketplace
- Fixed issue where the player would see the inside of Top Snow when diving into it while using Elytra
- Fireballs can no longer travel through portals to avoid an issue where they could get stuck permanently (MCPE-160938)
- Pressing the Ctrl and Alt keys together will no longer cause the Alt key to get stuck
- Endermen no longer get angry at creative players (MCPE-42977)
- Fixed a bug that caused leads to break with allies after the owning player changed dimensions (MCPE-158955)
- Changed the Goat’s ram animation to slowly lower its head when preparing to charge (MCPE-129477)
- Reduced Enderman’s teleport range to 32x32x32 to ensure he can’t disappear when teleporting (MCPE-152268)
- Allays and Bees should no longer get stuck on lanterns or other low hanging objects (MCPE-155777)
- EDU Toggle – NPC names are shown by default only while looking at them
- Mud Brick Slab can now be placed as a top slab using commands (MCPE-157852)
- Banners now correctly spawn on newly spawned structures (MCPE-160696)
- Coral fans now look identical when placed facing north, west, east, and south (MCPE-125311)
- White Glazed Terracotta is no longer missing from Creative Mode inventory and can be accessed via commands again.
- Seagrass and kelp are no longer classed as coral decorations in the creative mode inventory (mcpe-44034)
- Fixed a bug where some blocks that require a support block (eg rugs or crops) would not appear on Maps when placed on a non-full block or on top of an air block (MCPE-159713)
- Iron Bars are no longer missing from the Creative Mode inventory and can once again be accessed via commands (MCPE-160253)
- The animation of the piston extending and retracting is now smooth (MCPE-155987)
- It is no longer possible to get an Aged Sapling in inventory by selecting blocks.
- Fixed dropped items getting stuck at the edge of flowing water (MCPE-157167)
- When on fire, the fire overlay no longer cuts through held items (MCPE-147776)
- Mangrove, Crimson, and Warped planks can now be used to repair shields (MCPE-158940)
- Fixed a regression where an intact tool, such as Pickaxe, when renamed on an anvil, would not work correctly when first used (MCPE-152637)
- Fixed a bug where the name tag background was slightly offset (MCPE-160254)
- Fixed a UI bug where enchanted leather items had parts of the texture not displaying the flash animation (MCPE-98929)
- Added new disconnection error messages to better highlight the area where the disconnection occurred
- Character Creator offers in the Marketplace will no longer lose their thumbnail images when exiting the dressing room.
- Added a Retry button to the Xbox Cloud Sync prompt
- Item stacks now merge after the assigned mark threshold
- Added a missing settings button on packs in the updated Create New World screen
- Added a new disconnection error message: “Unable to connect, please restart your client”
- Fixed an issue that caused messages with non-Unicode characters to have an incorrect space
- NPC names now display by default only while looking at them.
- The arrow inside the crafting pocket UI now scales correctly without any clipping issues
- “Cannot connect to Marketplace” error will no longer be read incorrectly by the text-to-speech reader
- The raid bar no longer gets stuck after breaking beds to cancel a raid (MCPE-152851)
- Player textures and UI elements should no longer turn pink after playing for an extended period on highly populated servers (MCPE-105487)
- Fixed an issue where certain water textures with waterlogged blocks would show the wrong texture (MCPE-156281)
- Fixed an issue with flowing lava and water textures not animating on some iOS devices.
- The sky in The End dimension will no longer look static when entering while it’s raining in the Overworld (MCPE-148843)
Phew! There you go. If there’s anything else you’ve noticed that you think may need fixing, be sure to flag it with Mojang.
Are there any improvements mentioned above that you expected to see? How often do you still play Minecraft? Tell us in the comments!