Breaking down some of the notable balance changes in Call of Duty Season 5!
Call of Duty just released its fifth season of content in Warzone and Vanguard and it brings a ton of new content and cosmetic changes for players to discover. Along with the release of the new season, a new heavy patch was implemented that brings a ton of changes to the Season 4 weapon meta. There are a lot of changes to discuss and track, so here’s a list of All Warzone Season 5 Weapon Changes.
Notable Warzone Season 5 Weapon Changes
Here’s a list of notable weapons, be it a buff or a nerf, that have received changes in Season 5. There’s also some feedback from the developers to explain the team’s thought process behind the changes.
KG M40 (VG)
- Minimum damage reduced to 23, from 25
- Sprint to Fire Time increased to 1.02, from 1.0
Reisdorf 720mm wrapped
- Muzzle velocity reduced from 45% to 38%
- Vertical recoil control reduced from 30% to 24%
- Horizontal recoil control reduced from 20% to 17%
Sakura 40 6.5mm Round Magazines
- Initial speed penalty increased to -15%, up from -10%.
- Vertical recoil control reduced from 14% to 12%.
- Horizontal recoil control reduced from 20% to 16%.
Klauser 60 8mm round drums
- Movement speed scaling reduced to 0.98, down from 0.985
- ADS time penalty increased to -5%, from -2.5%
VDD 22G Padded
- Recoil control reduced from 14% to 12.5%.
The KG M40 (VG) continued to go up after the last round of tweaking, so we’re further reducing its long-range damage profile combined with some reasonable accuracy tweaks. The result is a weapon that should exist firmly in the “newcomer friendly” camp, but other weapons will be preferable for more skilled players.
» marksman rifles «
Vanguard Marksman rifles have been held back by their restriction on using sniper ammo. In Season 5, we’re making big changes to these weapons so they now use Assault Rifle ammo, as well as rebalancing the handling and potential damage of each weapon in the class.
- Flinch decreased in marksman rifles by 33%
- Vanguard Marksman rifles now use Assault Rifle ammo.
» Submachine guns «
We’re making some adjustments to further expand the close range meta by making additional changes to top players and giving some much-needed attention to some old favorites.
Weaponwar 43 (VG)
- ADS movement speed scale decreased to 1.32, down from 1.36
Merit 550mm 03P
- Vertical recoil control reduced to 10%, down from 15%
- Horizontal recoil control reduced to 15%, down from 20%
Merit 180mm Short
- Vertical recoil control penalty increased to -15%, from -10%
Botti 570mm Precision
- Headshot damage multiplier reduced to 1.14, from 1.2.
- Muzzle velocity reduced to 30%, down from 40%
- Horizontal recoil control reduced to 25%, down from 35%
Kurz 72 8mm round magazines
- Muzzle velocity reduced to 10%, down from 20%
- Damage range bonus removed, down from 5%.
9mm 60 round magazines
- Movement speed penalty increased to -3%, up from -1%.
- ADS time penalty increased to -8%, up from -6%
Imerit Skeletal TA
- Initial recoil decreased to 10%, down from 15%
- Sustained knockback penalty increased to -10%, down from -7.5%
Frame 5 (GV)
- Max Damage reduced to 32, down from 34
- Average damage reduced to 29, from 30
- Average damage range increased to 20 meters, from 15 meters
Merit 342mm 04P
- Muzzle velocity reduced to 40%, down from 50%
- Recoil control reduced to 5%, down from 8%
Perfect Lesto 355mm
- Vertical recoil control penalty increased to -25%, up from -21%
- Horizontal recoil control reduced to -15%, down from -12%
H4 Blixen (VG)
Bergstrom 17″ F3
- Recoil control reduced to 30%, down from 45%
7.62 Gorenko 54 Round Magazines
- Headshot multiplier removed
- Upper torso damage multiplier increased to 1.13, from 1.0
- Movement speed scaling reduced to 0.97, from 1.02
- ADS time scalar penalty reduced to -4%, from -3%
As you can see, a lot of changes have been implemented with this season, but we’ve narrowed down the most notable changes. It will be interesting to see how these changes shake up the meta that Season 4 introduced, but as Vanguard comes to an end, it’s the perfect time to shake things up.
That’s all you need to Notable Weapon Changes in Season 5. As always, we will continue to cover all new information as it comes out. In the meantime, be sure to check out the full patch notes, how to unlock the battle pass so you can get the latest weapons and gear, as well as see who’s the newest operator in Call of Duty Season 5: Vanguard and Call. of duty: war zone.