what you need to know
- Mojang Studios is now releasing Minecraft Preview 188.8.131.52 for all interested gamers.
- The build includes a number of changes and improvements, including to standard parity and experimental features.
- Some of the more interesting changes include improved Market stability and Drowned no longer spawning in warm ocean biomes.
Wednesday often sees the release of a new Minecraft Preview build, and today is no exception. Minecraft Preview 184.108.40.206 is in the process of being released to players on Xbox, PC, and iOS platforms, and contains numerous changes to various facets of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.
The latest Minecraft Preview build focuses on base parity, general stability improvements, and changes to various experimental features, including Spectator Mode in progress. There’s a lot to explore for Minecraft players, but this build doesn’t include any major new features or additions.
Some of the major changes include adjusting drowned spawns so they don’t spawn in warm ocean biomes (a change that could be reverted), making it easier for players to access the Marketplace after it recovers from any network issues, and other improvements. minor ones like making wooden bowls and glass soup and potion bottles stay in the same inventory slot after use.
In case you missed it, one of the best Xbox games recently received a new patch update in the form of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.19.20. The patch brought a host of fixes for all players and a new “Create New World” screen for Nintendo Switch players.
The full changelog for Minecraft Preview 220.127.116.11 It includes:
Features and bug fixes
- Fixed a bug where a “%” was prepended to player names in the chat output of `/reset players from leaderboard`
- Attempting to kill a player in creative mode using the `/kill` command now displays a message informing the player that it cannot be done
how to play
- Do not allow Fireballs to travel through portals to avoid an issue where they could get stuck permanently.
- Fixed dropped items getting stuck at the edge of flowing water
- Fixed an issue where certain water textures with waterlogged blocks would show the wrong texture
- The sky in The End dimension will no longer look static when entering while it’s raining in the Overworld
- Fixed a bug where some custom items (from Creator Feature Packs), after being used, would be duplicated upon player death.
- Fixed a regression where an undamaged tool, such as Pickaxe, when renamed on an anvil, would not work properly when used for the first time.
- Fixed a bug where some blocks that require a support block (eg rugs or crops) would not appear on Maps when placed on a non-full block or on top of an air block.
- Common Marketplace connection issues will now automatically resolve when conditions improve without the need to restart Minecraft
- Allays and Bees should no longer get stuck on lanterns or other low hanging objects
- Music is now included in the mobile app and no longer has to be downloaded from the Marketplace
Performance and stability
- Fixed performance issues when Striders are being ridden by baby Striders.
- The arrow inside the crafting pocket UI now scales correctly without any clipping issues
- Oak and mangrove fence gates are now flammable
- Eating a Stew will now leave the Empty Bowl in the slot where it was eaten.
- Drinking a potion will now leave the empty glass bottle in the slot you drank it from instead of your first empty inventory slot.
- Drowned no longer spawn in Warm Ocean biomes
- Fixed an issue where ships with chests would not drop the contents of the chest when destroyed with the `/kill` command
- Non-parrot mobs on a player’s shoulder will now adjust their position when the player crouches
Data Driven Block Components
- Allows creators to add geometry up to 0.875 units outside the regular block unit cube on either side
how to play
- Coral fans now look identical when placed facing north, west, east, and south.
- Text-to-speech no longer ignores volume settings on startup
- Clarified documentation for `equipment_count` to indicate that only equipped armor counts and how to query for held items
- The ‘/execute at’ command now correctly executes filters from the specified ‘at’ position
Test Game Framework
- script command
- Added new `/script watchdog exportstats` subcommand: Exports a file containing object handling and memory usage statistics
- Players in Spectator mode are no longer affected by the powder snow fog effect.
- Sadly, leashed animals will no longer follow viewers.
- Players in Spectator mode no longer emit particles while running
- Spectating players with status effects applied no longer emit particles.
- You can now switch hotbar slots while aiming at a block while in a boat