toei animation and Epic Games have partnered to power Fortnite with Dragon Ball and brings the iconic anime characters Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, and Beerus into the world of Fortnite. Set Dragon Ball-thematic collaboration starts now and includes new gameplay elements, quests and Dragon Ball Islands.
“We are thrilled to partner with Epic Games and bring this first Toei Animation franchise integration to Fortnitesaid Lisa Yamatoya, director of global marketing for Toei Animation Inc. “For the past 36 years, the Dragon Ball The franchise has built perhaps the largest global fanbase of any anime. And this multigenerational core audience makes Dragon Ball ideal for a collaboration with Fortnite and its worldwide community of gamers. We are excited to see the response to Dragon Ballthe arrival of Fortnite.”
the fortnite Y Dragon Ball collaboration includes:
- Dragon Ball Item Shop: FortniteThe item shop allows players to dress up as fan-favorite characters Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, and Beerus. It also offers a Dragon Ball collection of Back Blings, Pickaxes, Gliders and Emotes.
- Power Unleashed Quests: A new “Dragon Ball: Power Unleashed!” the tab is now inside Fortnitefull of missions and rewards for a limited time.
- Battle with Versus Boards: In the Dragon Ball collaboration, Versus Boards pits players against each other to fight to be the strongest on the island. Both players must engage in a battle by interacting with a board on the island. After choosing rivals, players reveal themselves on each other’s map and have five minutes to defeat their opponent.
- Go Further in Battle Royale: Players can wield Goku’s powers with new gameplay elements in Fortnite. The Kamehameha allows anyone who wields it to launch a devastating beam of energy at enemies, while the Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) will allow players to fly around the island.
- Dragon Ball Super Episode Festival: From August 16 to September 17, players can board a cruise ship inside Fortnite and see select dragon ball super episodes with his friends – available at FortniteThe “Discover” page of .
- Tournament of Power: A Battle Royale Duos tournament takes place in Fortnite for all regions starting August 18 (FortniteThe “Compete” tab will have the time of the regional event.) An additional Kamehameha leaderboard is also included to eliminate players with the powerful Kamehameha. Players who earn three Kamehameha kill points earn the Beerus Eating Emoticon.
- Dragon Ball Adventure Island: Explore iconic locations from Dragon Ball about him Dragon Ball Adventure Island starting August 19. Fly through a circular course on a Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) in Kami’s Palace, prepare food in Goku’s House, and go through an obstacle course in Room of Spirit & Time. Fans can also test their might in an open player-versus-player battlefield “Tenkaichi Budokai.” the Dragon Ball The Adventure Island experience is available through FortniteThe “Discover” page of .
“Fortnite and celebrating the fandom go hand in hand, and Dragon Ball is truly loved around the world,” said Claire Ripsteen, Fortnite Partnerships for Epic Games. “We are excited to partner with Toei Animation to offer Fortnite Y Dragon Ball fans have the unique opportunity to experience their favorite anime in a way that only Fortnite can offer, whether it’s exploring the Dragon Ball adventure island, watching Dragon Ball Super episodes with friends, or wield Goku’s powers through new gameplay elements.”
a summary of the Fortnite Y Dragon Ball collaboration is available here.
Source: Toei Animation Inc..
Debbie Diamond Sarto is a news editor at Animation World Network.