Legendary anime studio Toei Animation and interactive entertainment developer Epic Games have teamed up to power Fortnite with Dragon Ball. Iconic anime characters Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, and Beerus have now joined the world of Fortnite in a full Dragon Ball themed collaboration that includes new gameplay items, quests, Dragon Ball Islands, and more.
“We are thrilled to partner with Epic Games and bring this first integration of the Toei Animation franchise to Fortnite,” said Lisa Yamatoya, Global Marketing Director, Toei Animation Inc. “Over the past 36 years, the Dragon Ball franchise has built perhaps the Largest global fanbase of any anime. And this multi-generational core audience makes Dragon Ball ideal for a collaboration with Fortnite and its global community of gamers. We are excited to see the response to Dragon Ball’s arrival in Fortnite.”
The Fortnite and Dragon Ball collaboration includes:
- Dragon Ball Item Shop: Players can head over to the Fortnite Item Shop to dress up as fan-favorite characters Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, and Beerus. The collaboration also offers a Dragon Ball collection of Back Blings, Pickaxes, Gliders, and Emotes like The Charging Up Emote and The Fusion Emote.
- Unleashed Power Missions: A new “Dragon Ball: Power Unleashed!” The tab has arrived within Fortnite, full of missions and rewards for a limited time. Complete all seven quest sets, collect all seven Dragon Balls, and players will get the Shenron Glider.
- Battle with Versus Boards: Special to the Dragon Ball collaboration, Versus Boards pits players against each other in a fight to be the strongest on the island. Both players must engage in a battle by interacting with a board on the island. Once an opponent is chosen, each player will reveal themselves on the other’s map and have five minutes to defeat their opponent.
- Go even further in Battle Royale: Players can wield Goku’s powers with new in-game items in Fortnite. The Kamehameha will allow anyone wielding it to launch a devastating bolt of energy at enemies, while the Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) will allow players to fly around the island.
- Dragon Ball Super Episode Festival: From August 16 to September 17, 2022, players can board a cruise within Fortnite and watch select episodes of Dragon Ball Super with their friends. To enter, visit the Fortnite “Discover” page.
- Tournament of Power: The Tournament of Power, a Battle Royale Duos tournament, takes place in Fortnite for all regions starting August 18, 2022 (specific event times for each region can be found under the “Compete” tab in Fortnite) . The Tournament of Power will also feature an additional Kamehameha leaderboard to eliminate players with the powerful Kamehameha. Players who earn 3 Kamehameha kill points will receive the Beerus Eating Emoticon.
- Dragon Ball Adventure Island: Explore iconic Dragon Ball locations on Dragon Ball Adventure Island starting August 19, 2022. Fans can fly through a circular loop on a Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) at Kami’s Palace, prepare food at Goku’s House, and go through a race of obstacles in the room. of Spirit and Time. Additionally, fans can test their might in an open player-versus-player battlefield “Tenkaichi Budokai.” The Dragon Ball Adventure Island experience can be accessed through the Fortnite “Discover” page.
“Fortnite and celebrating fandom go hand in hand, and Dragon Ball is truly loved around the world,” said Claire Ripsteen, Fortnite Partnerships for Epic Games. “We are excited to partner with Toei Animation to offer Fortnite and Dragon Ball fans a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience their favorite anime in a way that only Fortnite can offer, whether that’s exploring Dragon Ball Adventure Island, watching Dragon Ball Super. episodes with friends, or wield Goku’s powers through new gameplay elements.”