Fortnite is teaming up with Dragon Ball Super as Epic Games and Toei Animation are collaborating on a big new crossover event that will see Goku, Vegeta, Bulma and Beerus join the fray in Fortnite with new gameplay items, quests, Dragon Ball Islands and more. ! After a series of potential teasers about what fans could expect from upcoming major collaborations, Epic Games officially revealed that there were some major plans in place to bring Dragon Ball to the hugely popular game. In anticipation of fans finding out later in August, Epic Games has now detailed exactly what to expect from this major collaboration!
Starting today, Dragon Ball’The world of s will collide with Fortnite, and Claire Ripsteen, Fortnite Partnerships for Epic Games, had this to say about the new collaboration: “Fortnite and celebrating fandom go hand in hand, and Dragon Ball is truly loved around the world… We are excited to partner with Toei Animation to offer Fortnite and Dragon Ball fans a unique opportunity to experience their favorite anime in a way that only Fortnite can offer, whether that’s exploring Dragon Ball Adventure Island, watching dragon ball super episodes with friends, or wield Goku’s powers through new gameplay elements.”
As for what’s coming for this new crossover, Epic Games details what’s new Dragon Ball inclusions as such:
- Dragon Ball Item Shop: Players can head over to the Fortnite Item Shop to dress up as fan-favorite characters Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, and Beerus. The collaboration also offers a Dragon Ball collection of Back Blings, Pickaxes, Gliders, and Emotes like The Charging Up Emote and The Fusion Emote.
- Unleashed Power Missions: A new “Dragon Ball: Power Unleashed!” The tab has arrived within Fortnite, full of missions and rewards for a limited time. Complete all seven quest sets, collect all seven Dragon Balls, and players will get the Shenron Glider.
- Battle with Versus Boards: Special to the Dragon Ball collaboration, Versus Boards pits players against each other in a fight to be the strongest on the island. Both players must engage in a battle by interacting with a board on the island. Once an opponent is chosen, each player will reveal themselves on the other’s map and have five minutes to defeat their opponent.
- Go even further in Battle Royale: Players can wield Goku’s powers with new in-game items in Fortnite. The Kamehameha will allow anyone wielding it to launch a devastating bolt of energy at enemies, while the Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) will allow players to fly around the island.
- Dragon Ball Super Episode Festival: From August 16 to September 17, 2022, players can board a cruise within Fortnite and watch select episodes of Dragon Ball Super with their friends. To enter, visit the Fortnite “Discover” page.
- Tournament of Power: The Tournament of Power, a Battle Royale Duos tournament, takes place in Fortnite for all regions starting August 18, 2022 (specific event times for each region can be found under the “Compete” tab in Fortnite) . The Tournament of Power will also feature an additional Kamehameha leaderboard to eliminate players with the powerful Kamehameha. Players who earn 3 Kamehameha kill points will receive the Beerus Eating Emoticon.
- Dragon Ball Adventure Island: Explore iconic Dragon Ball locations on Dragon Ball Adventure Island starting August 19, 2022. Fans can fly through a circular loop on a Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) at Kami’s Palace, prepare food at Goku’s House, and go through a race of obstacles in the room. of Spirit and Time. Additionally, fans can test their might in an open player-versus-player battlefield “Tenkaichi Budokai.” The Dragon Ball Adventure Island experience can be accessed through the Fortnite “Discover” page.
This collaboration comes at the perfect time as Dragon Ball Super: Superhero opens in theaters worldwide on August 19 (you can check out the full film review on ComicBook.com here). Are you excited to jump into Fortnite for all these new Dragon Ball inclusions? Which new addition has you most curious! Let us know all your thoughts on it in the comments!