Following a taunt, the Dragon Ball x Fortnite The collaboration has officially launched with a ton of details on what fans can expect in the battle royale game. In addition to introducing Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, and Beerus into the world of Fortnitethe crossover between Toei Animation and Epic Games includes new gameplay elements, Dragon Ball Island, themed quests, and more.
RELATED: Naruto returns to Fortnite in Naruto Rivals and brings the rest of Team 7
Watch the game trailer:
The collaboration is now live, and Dragon Ball Adventure Island will follow on August 19. In addition to the places inspired by dragon ball super—including Kami’s Palace, Goku’s House, and the Hall of Spirit and Time—players will be able to pick up the Kamehameha and ride Kinto’un, and there’s even a dragon ball super Episode Festival Row on Discover. For those who want to watch specific episodes within FortniteIsland Codes will soon be available on the official website for episodes 9, 10, 11, 13, 81 and 98.
If you’re looking for some fierce competition, the Tournament of Power kicks off in all regions on August 18 in the Competitive playlist. Competing in this Battle Royale Duos tournament could earn you prizes like the Angry Vegeta Emoticon, Goku’s Kanji Banner icon, and Beerus Eating Spray.
The Dragon Ball Item Shop is available with Son Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, and Beerus, each with their own themed pickaxes, gliders, emotes, and more.
This is just scratching the surface, so if you’re interested in gaming during the collaboration, you’ll want to check out the Fortnite Blog for all the details. Here is an overview:
- Dragon Ball Item Shop: Players can head over to the Fortnite Item Shop to dress up as fan-favorite characters Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, and Beerus. The collaboration also offers a Dragon Ball collection of Back Blings, Pickaxes, Gliders, and Emotes like The Charging Up Emote and The Fusion Emote.
- Unleashed Power Missions: A new “Dragon Ball: Power Unleashed!” The tab has arrived within Fortnite, full of missions and rewards for a limited time. Complete all seven quest sets, collect all seven Dragon Balls, and players will get the Shenron Glider.
- Battle with Versus Boards: Special to the Dragon Ball collaboration, Versus Boards pits players against each other in a fight to be the strongest on the island. Both players must engage in a battle by interacting with a board on the island. Once an opponent is chosen, each player will reveal themselves on the other’s map and have five minutes to defeat their opponent.
- Go even further in Battle Royale: Players can wield Goku’s powers with new in-game items in Fortnite. The Kamehameha will allow anyone wielding it to launch a devastating bolt of energy at enemies, while the Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) will allow players to fly around the island.
- Dragon Ball Super Episode Festival: From August 16 to September 17, 2022, players can board a cruise within Fortnite and watch select episodes of Dragon Ball Super with their friends. To enter, visit the Fortnite “Discover” page.
- Tournament of Power: The Tournament of Power, a Battle Royale Duos tournament, takes place in Fortnite for all regions starting August 18, 2022 (specific event times for each region can be found under the “Compete” tab in Fortnite) . The Tournament of Power will also feature an additional Kamehameha leaderboard to eliminate players with the powerful Kamehameha. Players who earn 3 Kamehameha kill points will receive the Beerus Eating Emoticon.
- Dragon Ball Adventure Island: Explore iconic Dragon Ball locations on Dragon Ball Adventure Island starting August 19, 2022. Fans can fly through a circular loop on a Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) at Kami’s Palace, prepare food at Goku’s House, and go through a race of obstacles in the room. of Spirit and Time. Additionally, fans can test their might in an open player-versus-player battlefield “Tenkaichi Budokai.” The Dragon Ball Adventure Island experience can be accessed through the Fortnite “Discover” page.
Beyond the collaboration with Fortnitetickets for the Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO anime movie can can now be purchased through Fandango in the United States and Canada and in the global ticketing website for other English-speaking regions, with the anticipated film set in more than 2,500 North American theaters on August 19 in English-dubbed and subtitled formats. In addition, the film will be shown in select IMAX theaters in the US.
Source: Press release