The latest crossover in Dead By Daylight (DBD) launches with update 6.2.0 today (Aug 9) on the PTB servers as the final step before the full release of Resident Evil Project W.
The second Resident Evil crossover in Dead By Daylight is very close to release as the developers are now asking all players to test the new content on the PTB servers and let them know about the final tweaks and improvements before the official release.
With today’s update on the PTB servers, you’ll gain access to Albert Wesker as the new Killer, as well as Ada Wong and Rebecca Chambers as the new Survivors. If you are not yet aware of the power of the new Killer and the perks of the new Survivors, be sure to read this article.
Now, without further ado, let’s take a look at the Dead By Daylight update patch notes for August 9:
Dead By Daylight Resident Evil: Project W PTB Update Patch Notes (August 9)
- New killer: the brain
- New Perk: Superior Anatomy
- When a survivor performs a quick jump within 8 meters of you, this perk activates. The next time you jump a window, your jumping speed will increase by 30%/35%/40%. This perk is disabled after jumping a window. This perk has a 30 second cooldown.
- New Perk: Awakened Consciousness
- When carrying a Survivor, you can see the aura of other Survivors within 16/18/20 meters of your position. Auras revealed in this way remain for 2 seconds after you stop carrying the Survivor.
- New Perk: Terminus
- When exit gates are activated, this perk activates. While the perk is active, wounded, knocked down, and grappled survivors receive the broken status effect until the exit doors open. When exit doors are open, survivors will remain broken for an additional 20/25/30 seconds.
- New Perk: Superior Anatomy
- New Survivor – Ada Wong
- New Perk: Wiretapping
- After repairing generators for a total of 33%, this perk activates. After repairing a generator for at least 3 seconds, press the Skill button to set up a Spy Trap, which remains active for 60/70/80 seconds. The trapped generator’s aura is revealed in yellow to all Survivors. When the Killer comes within 14 meters of the trapped generator, his aura is revealed to all Survivors. Damaging the generator destroys the Wiretap.
- New Perk: Reactive Heal
- When another Survivor loses a health within 32 yards of you while you are wounded, instantly increase your healing scaling by 25%/30%/35% of the missing healing scaling.
- New benefit: low profile
- When you become the last survivor, this perk activates. Hide your scratch marks and blood puddles for 70/80/90 seconds.
- New Perk: Wiretapping
- New Survivor – Rebecca Chambers
- New benefit: better than new
- Upon completing a Heal Action on another Survivor, the targeted Survivor gains a 6% speed boost to Generator Repair, Heal, Chest Open, and Totem Clear for 25/30/35 seconds.
- New Perk: Peace of Mind
- When you are within a 6 meter radius around a hooked Survivor, use the active 2 button to pause their fight progression for 20/25/30 seconds. If they are in the fighting phase, it also stops fighting skill checks. This perk has a 40 second cooldown.
- New Perk: Hyper Focus
- After making a grand skill check while repairing or healing, this perk gains 1 token, up to 6 tokens. Each token increases the chance of the skill check triggering by 2%, the skill check cursor speed by 4%, and the bonus progression for excellent skill checks by 10%/20%/30 % of its base value. The advantage loses all tokens on a normal Skill Test success, Skill Test failure, or if it stops performing the action by any means.
- New benefit: better than new
- New Features: Streamer Options (PC Only)
- These privacy options are available in the Privacy section of the General tab in the Options menu and are intended to help reduce the targeting and harassment of gamers streaming the game.
- anonymous mode
- Replaces your account name with the name of your selected character for other players. Players in your party will still see your account name.
- hide your name
- Replace your own name with the name of your selected character on your own screen. In other parts of the menus, your account name will appear as “You” and will be hidden from your Friends List.
- Hide other player names
- Replaces the names of other players with the name of their selected character.
- Hidden pairing delay
- Adds a short, random delay when entering the matchmaking queue to prevent targeted bullying in-game.
- Improved Feature: HUD Connection Indicators
- The in-game connection indicator has been improved to display more detailed information during connection issues caused by ping and packet loss.
- Ping is represented by a vertical bar icon
- Yellow = Ping over 100ms
- Red = Ping over 200ms
- Packet loss is represented by a double diamond icon
- Yellow = 2%-5% packet loss
- Red = More than 5% packet loss
- Your own ping/packet loss icons are displayed above the list of survivors
- Players are notified when another player is experiencing severe connection issues (red for ping/packet loss)
- For Killer Issues – A unique red icon appears above the Survivor List for Survivors
- For survivor issues: A red bar appears next to your name in the survivor list
- A photosensitivity warning has been added to the game’s boot sequence.
- The Racoon City Police Station map has been split into two separate layouts:
- East Wing of the Raccoon City Police Station
- West Wing of the Raccoon City Police Station
- Both maps feature new openings to make navigating easier than ever, wider corridors to improve gameplay, and are much smaller than the original version.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to drop too many Blood Orbs after performing some actions when playing against the Oni.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause the killer to spawn in a survivor slot in a custom game lobby.
- Fixed an issue that caused Spirit and Oni’s Attack on Titan outfits to appear as body-only cosmetics on the Featured Shop page.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Survivor to float in front of the Killer when grabbed while performing various actions.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to not be aligned with the Huntress when interrupted while jumping towards the Killer.
- Fixed an issue that caused a broken animation when repairing a generator.
- Fixed an issue that caused the ‘Defaced Ear’ add-on for the Witch to lower the audio for everyone, and not just the Survivor triggering the trap.
- Fixed an issue that caused the status effect icon to display a second time instead of the effect source.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Lament Configuration to become invisible after being picked up by the Cenobite.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Lament Configuration to spawn in a bush and not be accessible on the Garden of Joy map.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to no longer be able to resolve the Lament Configuration when picked up at the same time as the Cenobite.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Forma to be unable to use Tombstone Mori on Survivors who were currently using the map, key, or Clairvoyance perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to be unable to interact with the white glyph after breaking the mirror.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to not receive a score event after burning the Spirit shell with a lantern.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to receive a burn score event after blinding the Wraith with the flashlight while uncloaked.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to not receive progress towards the Medic achievement when healing a Survivor using the For the People perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to progress towards the Milk ‘n’ Cookies achievement when opening the basement chest without picking up the item.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors sacrificed in the Executioner’s Cage of Atonement to not grant progress towards the Reverent Archive challenge.
- Fixed an issue that caused assassins to briefly linger in falling animation after landing after jumping from a certain height.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain survivor charms to go missing when repairing a generator.
- Mastermind’s tentacles glow in first person.
In case you don’t know how to access the PTB version of the game, be sure to visit here. The above update will be available today at 11am ET/5pm CEST.