what you need to know
- Minecraft Preview 188.8.131.52 is now available for interested players to explore and try out.
- The pre-release build includes dozens of fixes and changes to Spectator mode, technical features, standard parity, and more.
- The build is testing many Minecraft improvements for a future Minecraft 1.19 “The Wild Update” patch.
- Minecraft: Java Edition has also received a new flash build in the form of 1.19.2 Release Candidate 1.
Gamers who love being on the cutting edge of Minecraft development have a sizable release to explore today, as Mojang Studios now releases Minecraft Preview 184.108.40.206. This build includes a number of fixes, changes, and improvements across numerous categories, and is being rolled out to players on all platforms.
The Minecraft Preview build continues to add to Minecraft 1.19 “The Wild Update” with a number of bug fixes and tweaks, including vanilla parity, spectator mode still in development, and more. There’s a lot to explore in this release, but it’s still ultimately a minor build containing no new features or breaking changes.
Minecraft is in a perpetual state of improvement, big and small, as part of its quest to remain one of the most popular Xbox games in the world. Today, Mojang Studios is testing a variety of changes with Minecraft’s most dedicated players, but the company also recently released a new Minecraft revision: Bedrock Edition for players on all platforms.
In case you missed it, Mojang Studios also recently released their official stance on blockchain and NFT technology in Minecraft, and Windows Central discussed why the studio made the right choice.
The full changelog for Minecraft Preview 220.127.116.11 It includes:
Features and bug fixes
- Mud Brick Slab can now be placed as a top slab via commands
- Added server property `disable-custom-skins` to block untrusted skins on a server wide level
how to play
- Piston animation when extending and retracting is now smooth
- Mangrove, Crimson, and Warped planks can now be used to repair shields.
- “Cannot connect to Marketplace” error will no longer be read incorrectly by the text-to-speech reader
- Fixed a bug that caused leads to break with allies after the owning player changed dimensions.
Stability and performance
- Fixed a bug that caused an occasional crash when loading players into beds
- Fixed a UI bug where enchanted leather items had portions of the texture not displaying the flash animation.
- Added new disconnection error messages to better highlight the area where the disconnection occurred
- Border blocks should now prevent passage at all heights.
- Changed the goat’s ram animation to slowly lower its head when preparing to charge.
- The raid bar no longer gets stuck after breaking beds to cancel a raid.
- Fixed a bug that would rarely cause the villager’s bounding box to get out of sync with the server when sleeping
- Endermen no longer get angry at creative players.
- Changed the fireball entity collision box to match the Java edition.
- The enchanting table now makes a sound when enchanting an item.
- Amethyst blocks no longer make sound when jumping from them.
- Changed the position of the cat’s head while sitting to match the Java edition.
- The item stack popup animation will now only play when a new item is added to the stack.
- If a villager has a name tag, it is now displayed along with their trade level
- Increased spawn rates for Sculk Shrieker and Sculk Sensor in Deep Dark and Ancient Cities to better suit Java Edition
- Fixed the bottom texture of the Melon block to match the top texture
- Numeric actor properties (float and integer) will now always clamp their values to the specified range of values
Plugins and scripting engine
- `minecraft: instant_disappear` no longer affects players
- The command selector now gets the same position for the player as the position of the command source player.
- Fixed a bug where the text-to-speech feature would read the entire “My Content” page, both highlighted and non-highlighted items.
- Removed use of the `minecraft:unwalkable` block component and added a creative block group and category to the block description
- `/execute if block` command now displays integer values for block positions
Test Game Framework
- Fixed a bug where the `length` function would return undefined
- `lengthSquared` aggregate function: returns the squared length of the vector
- Added `stackOverflow` as a possible `WatchdogTerminateReason` for the `beforeWatchdogTerminate` event
- `IRawMessage` — Interface object representing a message
- `raw text: (string | IRawMessage)` — (optional) A list of text objects used to construct a message
- `text : string` — (optional) A string containing plain text to display directly. Only valid when used as a submember in a `raw` or `with` parent member
- `translate : string` — (optional) String representing a translation identifier for translating text in the player’s selected language
- `con: (string | IRawMessage)` — (optional) A list of text object arguments used to fill in values in the translated text. Ignored when `translate` is not present
- `say(string | IRawMessage)` — Used to broadcast a message to all players
- `tell(string | IRawMessage)` — Send a message to a player
- Fixed a bug where dynamic properties would not persist when using server-hosted worlds or dedicated Bedrock realms.
- Package dependencies on native modules can be declared using the module name without the need to specify a UUID, using the `module_name` attribute. The module name matches the import declaration (for example, `mojang-minecraft`)
- Removed version 0.1.0 of the `mojang-gametest` module; packages that use the `mojang-gametest` specific APIs must be updated to use GameTest version 1.0.0-beta
- The `mojang-gametest` 1.0.0-beta module requires the `mojang-minecraft` 1.0.0-beta module
- Endermen no longer get angry at players in Spectator mode.
- Players in Spectator Mode can no longer interact with Sculk Sensors while swimming in water or lava.
- Players switching to spectator mode will unhook hooks attached to them.
- Players in Spectator mode can no longer be knocked back by explosions.
- Powder snow no longer emits particles when spectators move through it.
- Big Dripleaf no longer tilts when touched by players in Spectator mode
- Players in Spectator Mode now keep their inventories and equipped items on death.
- Spectators can no longer attract the attention of the crowd when holding their favorite food.
- `/testfor` command can now target viewers
- Spectator gamemode can no longer be entered via the `/gamemode` command, only via spectator `/gamemode`
- Spectators using touch controls can no longer break mine carts and boats.
- The puffer fish no longer reacts to nearby spectators.