Minecraft has been one of the most popular sandbox games for decades. People on all platforms enjoy the game and continue to do so. While it is a popular game, it is also known to have bugs and glitches throughout the game. It’s no surprise that people have frequently encountered bugs and errors when trying to play the game.
One of those bugs that PC gamers face, where sometimes they can’t log in to their Minecraft, and they come across the error message that says “Something went wrong in the login process.This error is the result of a couple of things, like an outdated Minecraft launcher or a faulty Microsoft Store.
The problem may sound complicated, but don’t worry. This guide goes over all the possible causes and how to fix them.
Probable causes of the problem
Several things could explain why you may be facing this error. Things like an unstable internet connection, random account crashes, bugs in the Microsoft store, or simply server maintenance can be the cause of the problem. Although, there may be some more reasons like:
- Weak internet connection.
- buggy minecraft launcher
- Xbox/Microsoft services malfunction.
- Server under maintenance.
How to fix “Something went wrong in the login process” in Minecraft?
Due to the nature of the problem, it is not possible to find the exact solution, so you will have to go through all the methods and see which one works for you.
Repair and reset Minecraft Launcher
Before going through any other technical troubleshooting methods, please try to repair/reset the launcher. If there is a problem with your Minecraft launcher, this fixes the problem. To repair and reset the launcher, the steps are as follows:
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings menu.
- then click Applications > Apps and features.
- Find Minecraft Launcher and click Advanced Options.
- Press Repair and so Restart.
- Try running the launcher now and see if it works or not.
Check Minecraft server status
Sometimes there are ongoing issues and bugs on the server itself. While this may not always be the case, sometimes these errors can cause login failures. To check for any current bugs or glitches, visit your Twitter support.
Reset Microsoft Store
Since most of the PC users get Minecraft through the Microsoft Store, it is possible that some corrupt files related to the store are causing the problem. In any case, resetting the Microsoft Store can sometimes resolve the issue.
To reset the Minecraft Store, follow these steps:
- Open the Run command line by pressing Windows Key + R.
wsresetand then press Enter.
- A black window should appear, let it run for about a minute.
- Once the process is complete, the Microsoft Store opens.
- Now you can try to start Minecraft and see if it worked.
update the game
Sometimes when you have an update pending, you might get a registry error. Therefore, make sure that you always install the latest updates for the game.
To check if there are any pending updates follow these steps:
- Open the Microsoft Store and go to Library.
- Click on get updates.
- If there were pending updates, it will now update them.
Install the Xbox app
The Xbox app on Windows is for playing/managing games on your PC. Since you use Microsoft account to connect to the app, your Minecraft credentials are also linked with the app.
And if you are missing important Xbox apps then it can cause the problem.
To check and download such apps, follow these steps:
- Download the Xbox app through the Microsoft Store or the Official website.
- Start the Xbox app.
- If you see any pop-ups saying ‘Missing key dependencies or applications’, install them.
- Once you are done installing, check if the issue still occurs.
If you don’t get the popup, you can also check manually. To do it:
- In the Xbox app, click the profile name in the top right corner.
- navigate to General in the settings.
- If apps are missing, they are listed there.
- Paste Install.
Note: Apps like Xbox Identity Provider and Live In-Game Experience are usually missing on your PC.
Enable game services
Game services is a Microsoft service used when running Xbox games. If the installation of the prerequisite applications did not work, try to check the current status of the Game Service. Often the issue occurs because the service is set to disable.
To check the current position of the Service, follow these steps:
- Right click the Start button and click Task Manager.
- Under the Services tab, search
- In the Status column, check the current condition.
- if it says ‘Stopped’right click and press beginning.
Start Xbox services
If enabling game services didn’t work, try running Xbox services and see if it resolves the issue. Xbox has a bunch of services running in the background that help the app run without errors. Sometimes such services are not running and cause problems like login errors.
To enable the Xbox service, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + S and type Services.
- Find services starting with xbox.
- Right click on it and Properties.
- Then set Startup type to Automatic.
- then hit beginning > Apply.
- Do this for each Xbox service and exit.
Reboot your PC and check if this resolved the issue.
Sometimes he “Something went wrong in the login processThe error message could be the result of something else. In most cases, reinstalling the game launcher fixes the problem. Please uninstall the game and re-download it from the Microsoft Store or the minecraft official site.
Alternatively, you can also use third party launchers like MultiMC, if vanilla launchers don’t work.
Use a different client
If you have no luck with solving the problem, try using a different client. Instead of Xbox/Microsoft to launch the game (which is probably causing the problem), use clients like; Badlion, Forge, Lunar or any popular Minecraft client.
These third party clients have their own resource packs and optimizations in the form of ‘mods’. Such mods are there to eliminate any chance of bugs and errors.
To download third-party clients, I suggest you google some of them and find the one you like the most.