In general, Minecraft offers its players a fair amount of adventure and risk in its blocky worlds. You get dangerous hostile mobs in particular areas, especially at night. Meanwhile, you also have useful minecraft ores and villagers to support you all the time. But after days of building and exploring, things can get a bit bland. If you’re approaching a similar stage, then it’s the perfect time to meet Wither. He is the second Minecraft mob boss that you can fight wherever you want. So, get ready and let’s find out how to spawn Wither in Minecraft!
Spawn Wither Mob Boss in Minecraft (2022)
Before we spawn or create the Wither, we’ll first cover the items you need for this process. But if you don’t want to wait, you can use the table below to jump right into the build process.
What is a Wither in Minecraft?
Whiter is the second strongest hostile mob in Minecraft, second only to Warden (not a boss mob) which was added in the Minecraft 1.19 update. Unlike other mobs, the Wither does not appear alone. Instead, the player has to create a Wither-like structure out of specific blocks to summon it. This unique method adds extra steps to fighting this mob of bosses, but also allows you to decide where you want to fight the Wither.
Most players prefer to fight this mob in open areas to easily escape the flying Wither. Having some mobs in the area is an added bonus as Wither is hostile to all mobs. except undead mobs and they can be easily distracted. Also, if you want to make a lighthouse in Minecraft, you have no choice but to fight Wither.
Items Needed to Make a Wither Structure
To spawn the Wither in Minecraft, you need to create a structure that looks like the Wither. For that, you need the following items:
- four blocks of sand of souls either soil of the soul
- Three Withered Skeleton Skulls
To collect Soul Sand or Soul Land Blocks, you must first make a Nether portal to travel to the Nether dimension. Usually these blocks of sand or soul soil generate in alma sand valley and lower waste biomes. In the overworld, you can find the Soul Sand Blocks in the ancient city, just below the portal-like structure.
How to get Withered Skeleton Skulls
Follow the steps below to get Wither Skeleton skulls in Minecraft:
1. First, use a Nether portal to visit the Nether dimension.
2. Next, look for a Nether Fortress, which is a huge dark structure comprising of towers, bridges, and passageways.
3. Finally, look for Wither Skeletons, which are a black variant of the Overworld Skeletons. They are hostile and extremely powerful.
4. When you find Wither Skeletons, you need to kill them until you have collected Withered Skeleton Skulls. The drop rate of these skulls is low, so you may have to kill dozens of Wither Skeletons. Use the pillaging sword enchantment to improve your odds. We need three Wither Skeleton skulls to spawn Wither in Minecraft.
How to Spawn a Wither in Minecraft
To spawn a Wither in Minecraft, you need to make a Wither structure using the collected items. Follow these steps to do it:
1. First, find an open space to conveniently fight Wither. It is better to do it far away from your minecraft house as Wither can easily break blocks.
2. Next, place a block of soul sand or soul soil on the ground. Next, place another block on top of the first block, creating a tower-like structure.
3. Next, place a block on each side of the top block creating a t-shaped structure (see image below).
4. Finally, place the Wither Skeleton skulls on top of each of the sand or soul soil blocks. As soon as you finish placing the last skull, Wither will appear in Minecraft.
Can you spawn the Wither in the nether?
You can spawn Wither in the End, Nether, and the Overworld dimension of Minecraft.
Why doesn’t Wither play?
The Wither structure requires an open space to spawn the Wither. So make sure it’s not blocked by other solid or non-solid blocks on its side or on top.
Who would win Wither vs Ender Dragon?
Most players report that the Wither is stronger than the Ender Dragon on Minecraft’s hardest difficulty.
Wither vs Warden: Who is stronger?
Based on minecraft damage and health, Warden is the strongest mob in minecraft. He is stronger than Wither too.
Can a Wither break obsidian blocks?
Wither retaliates whenever he takes damage, causing an explosion that also destroys nearby blocks on spawn. As he does so, he can also destroy blast resistant blocks like Obsidian. Wither is the only mob in Minecraft that can destroy obsidian blocks.
What is a Wither storm?
The Wither Strom is an upgraded version of the Wither and is exclusive to Minecraft: Story Mode.
Spawn and fight Wither in Minecraft
With that, you are now ready to spawn wither in minecraft anywhere you want. But the story does not end there. You also have to defeat the Wither for your efforts to pay off. For that, the best minecraft potions are a must during your fight. And if those aren’t enough, you can also use some of the best enchantments in Minecraft to upgrade your gear before the fight. Although, for any skilled player, armor made from Netherite in Minecraft should suffice. Having said that, are you ready to fight Wither? Tell us in the comments!