The Resident Evil Capcom showcase has caused the excitement of many fans. There are great games to look forward to not just this year, but next as well. Here’s everything that happened in the Resident Evil Capcom Showcase.
Everything new in Resident Evil Capcom Showcase
Capcom revealed plenty of new details about its upcoming games and additions to old ones. Here’s all the news from the Resident Evil Capcom Showcase:
Resident Evil 4 Remake
- Developer Gameplay Overview: Resident Evil 4 Remake featured a new game trailer with developer comments.
- movement when aiming: It has been confirmed that Leon Kennedy can move while aiming his gun. This could not be done in the original Resident Evil 4.
- New Ashley design: Ashley Graham has a new redesign. She now wears a red jacket and scarf instead of her iconic sleeveless turtleneck sweater that she wore in the original.
- redesigned cattle: Livestock enemies have undergone a redesign.
- new style: Resident Evil 4 has been designed with “modern flourish”.
Resident Evil Remake’s new gameplay trailer was unveiled by game director Yasuhiro Anpo and producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi. During the Resident Evil Capcom Showcase, Hirabayashi stated that they are carefully preserving what made 2005’s Resident Evil 4 special.
Compared to 2005’s Resident Evil 4, Leon will now be able to move while aiming his gun in the new version. He will no longer be standing during combat. Ashley also received a makeover with a new outfit more suitable for cold weather.
Resident Evil 4 Remake will be released on March 24, 2023.
Resident Evil Village
- Winter Expansion DLC: The Winter’s Expansion DLC has several new additions.
- Pink Winter DLC: Shadow of Rose story DLC is a follow up to the events that happen after the main game. Unlike the main game, Shadow of Rose will take place entirely in the third person.
- The Mercenaries Additional Orders: Adds Lady Alcina Dimitrescu, Chris Redfield, and Karl Heisenberg as playable characters. Each character has their own unique style of play.
- third person mode: Players will be able to play the main story of Resident Evil Village completely in third person.
This October 28, 2022, Resident Evil Village Winter’s Expansion adds several new content to the main game that was in the Resident Evil Capcom Showcase.
The Mercenaries: Additional Orders adds three new playable characters to the roster, each with their own unique playstyle. The villainous Lady Dimitrescu is significantly taller than most enemies and her gameplay shows that she is capable of grabbing enemies by the neck and body, slamming them into the ground. Karl Heisenberg also joins her with her great hammer and her ability to telekinetically hurl metal objects at enemies. The only hero in the middle, Chris Redfield, uses more traditional weapons but also has his mid-range right hand that can send enemies flying.
Shadow of Rose is a story DLC that takes place after the events of the main game. This will introduce Rose Winter as she enters “Megamycete consciousness”, a place where space and time are “distorted beyond recognition”. Unlike the main game, Shadow of Rose will take place entirely in a third-person perspective.
Third person mode is also coming to the main game. Players will finally be able to play from an over the shoulder perspective. As for how this will handle camera work that can get confusing in certain sections of the game, that’s something we’ve yet to see.
Resident Evil 2 Remake, Resident Evil 3 Remake and Resident Evil 7
- free upgrade: Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes, as well as Resident Evil 7, will have free updates for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S today.
Owners of Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil 2 and 3 Remakes can upgrade their games for free to next-gen consoles starting June 13, 2022. This upgrade will feature 4K resolution, higher FPS, ray tracing, and audio. 3D.
Resident Evil Re:Verse
- Official release date confirmed: Resident Evil Re:Verse will be released this October 28, 2022.
The multiplayer game that was supposed to launch alongside Village, Resident Evil Re:Verse, finally has a confirmed release date. It will debut at the same time as Winter’s Expansion for Village on October 28, 2022.
Resident Evil Re:Verse is a six-player PVP that pits players against each other as established characters in the Resident Evil universe.
And that’s all the Resident Evil Capcom Showcase games we have to look forward to. We hope this article gets you excited about the many new additions we will be getting for Resident Evil in the near future.
Stay with us because we have more Resident Evil content for you.
Check out this Resident Evil Re:Verse PvP game mode from Shirrako in Youtube.