Set a few years after the horrific events in the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the new story begins with Ethan Winters and his wife Mia living peacefully in a new location, free from their past nightmares. Just as they are building their new life together, tragedy strikes once again. Chris Redfield, the legendary hero of the Resident Evil series, is reunited with the pair and horrifically disrupts his life, plunging Ethan into chaos. A devastated Ethan finds himself in a remote snow-covered town searching for answers after being thrown into a whole new nightmare.
Before the events of Resident Evil Village, Ethan Winters received a mysterious email from Mia, his wife, who had been missing for a few years. Without the slightest hint of hesitation, Ethan headed to Dulvey, Louisiana to search for Mia’s whereabouts…and as a result, he was led straight to the mansion of the twisted Baker family. Biohazard from Resident Evil 7 sets the stage for a new generation of survival horror seen directly through Ethan’s eyes, making the fight for survival through a house of nightmares that much more personal. While Ethan and Mia were finally able to escape and create a new and peaceful life together, a new tragedy is about to unfold…one that will lead a distraught Ethan to a bewildering town in search of answers to painful questions.
While the town itself may seem pristine from all the freshly fallen snow, disturbing events are taking place out of sight. Flickering movements catch the corners of Ethan’s eyes, while strange shapes loom on the horizon. It is among the sheds and dilapidated houses that he may find his answers…or he may find something far more sinister. Strange creatures, strange symbols, and an unusual fairy tale come together with the power of the RE Engine in the latest trailer to make Resident Evil Village a true showcase of next generation survival horror.
Harnessing the capabilities of next-gen consoles, the detailed realism and unrelenting sense of fear will increase with each desperate battle for survival, while lulls will leave players wondering what new horrors await. With hyper-detailed graphics, intense first-person action, and masterful storytelling, horror has never felt more realistic and inescapable.
Those longing for dark shadows first saw the expansion of winters downloadable content for Resident Evil Villagecoming to all available platforms on October 28, 2022.
New content includes a third person campaign mode, The Mercenaries Additional Orders with new scenarios and playable characters Chris Redfield, Heisenberg and Lady Dimitrescu; and a continuation of the story in Shadows of Rose.
Set 16 years after the events of Resident Evil Village, this new story follows Rose Winters, the daughter of main character Ethan, as she struggles with her terrifying powers. Players must explore and survive a twisted and mysterious realm within the consciousness of the Megamycete in search of a cure.
Resident Evil Village Gold EditionA package of expansion of winters and the main game, will also be released on October 28, 2022 in physical and digital formats for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC (Steam) and Stadia.
Resident Evil Re:Versea multiplayer experience that will be free for Resident Evil Village players, will be released on the same date.
- A New Chapter in the Resident Evil Story – This eighth main installment in the flagship Resident Evil series continues the story of the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard. With the return of popular features and the introduction of new elements, survival horror has never been more intense.
- Popular Resident Evil Features – Fans may recognize new features in Resident Evil Village that are a nod to previous Resident Evil games, including a merchant called “The Duke” that allows players to buy and sell items, purchase recipes to craft consumables and customize weapons.
- The Mercenaries Are Back: The fan-favorite add-on game mode “The Mercenaries” is back with new features. Players now have the option to purchase and upgrade The Duke’s weapons and acquire abilities that enhance weapons and physical capabilities for more depth and replay value.
- Familiar faces and new enemies: the Resident Evil Chris Redfield series returns under a cloak of seemingly sinister motifs. Ethan will also meet a host of new adversaries that inhabit the enigmatic village, all with their own signature attacks.
- Combat Evolution – In addition to engaging and attacking enemies, Ethan can now also guard against incoming attacks or knock enemies back to buy time for his next move, requiring players to further strategize the best approach to Survive the many challenges ahead.
- 25th Anniversary Celebration Bonus: As a thank you to fans, Resident Evil Village will include access to a free multiplayer experience titled Resident Evil Re:Verse, coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC. An all-star cast of fan-favorite Resident Evil characters duke it out in four- to six-player deathmatches across iconic locations from the series.
- Latest Console Technology: RE Engine combined with new technologies available through PS5 and Xbox Series X|S delivers hyper-detailed graphics, advanced immersive audio, and minimal to no load times, bringing the shadowy village and its evocative residents to life in perspective first person
- Play Across Generations: Resident Evil Village will be eligible for free upgrade from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 digital version and will support Smart Delivery for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles
Currently available for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC (Steam), Resident Evil Village is in development for PS VR2 (PS5).
More articles on Resident Evil Village