Fortnite may have been banned from the Play Store, but you can still play the game on Android
Epic Games made a big no-no in 2020 by releasing a Fortnite update that bypassed Google’s in-app payments, leading to the game being removed from the Play Store. If you want to play Fortnite, you will need to access the epic game store to download the APK needed to download it, or you can upload a cloud streaming app like Nvidia’s GeForce Now. So read on to find out how to access and install the latest version of Fortnite.
Installing the Epic Games app
The first step to installing the latest version of Fortnite on your Android device is to purchase the Epic Games app. It is the native installer app for Fortnite and keeps the game up to date without having to go through the Play Store.
- Open Google Chrome (or any mobile browser) and go to Epic Games Official Website. Alternatively, if you are using a Samsung device, you can search for Epic Games in the Samsung Galaxy Store to install the Epic Games app.
- You will need to sign in with your Epic account on the next page. If you’re a new user and don’t have an account yet, scroll down and tap Register to start creating your Epic account.
- After logging in, navigate to fortnite.com/Android in your web browser.
- Tap on Get it in the Epic Games app to install the APK of the Epic Games app. A popup warns you that the file may be harmful (this happens when you download APKs directly in a web browser); tap on download anyway.
- Locate the file and open it to complete the APK installation. NoteNote: Depending on your Android version, you may be prompted to allow your browser to install the APK. Toggle the switch in the Settings app, then go back and confirm the installation.
- Once your APK finishes installing, you can launch the Epic Games app on your Android device.
- Now that you are ready to install Fortnite, tap Get > Install. NoteNote: You may need to allow your device to download from this source in your settings.
- Launch the Fortnite app once it finishes downloading. Congratulations, you will now have access to Fortnite on your Android device!
Fortnite Streaming with Nvidia’s GeForce Now
- Launch Google Play Store, search nvidia geforce nowand install the app.
- Open the Nvidia GeForce Now app and follow the steps/sign in to finish setting up your app. New users will need to create an account and verify their email.
- To activate your GeForce Now subscription, visit www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/memberships in your web browser.
- Tap on Join any membership you wish to purchase (priority is $9 per month/$50 for six months) or the free basic membership. You’ll get access to cloud streaming services with a basic plan, but you may have to wait your turn as paid memberships get priority access.
- Tap on Continue in your account to finish adding your membership.
- Now restart the Nvidia GeForce Now app and sign in with your account.
- Find and tap Fortnite, then tap Play. You may be prompted to sign in to your Epic Games account. Play Connect to link your account to log in automatically.
- Play Allow finishing setting up the permissions to link Epic Games to Nvidia GeForce Now. You are in!
Google Play Store is not the only way
Installing the Epic Games app or streaming Fortnite through a cloud service is the most reliable way to ensure you always have access to the latest version of Fortnite on Android. This way, you won’t have to let Epic Games’ lawsuits with Apple and Google affect your gaming experience. Also, be sure to check out our handy beginner’s guide if you’re looking for some extra tips and tricks on your Battle Royale sessions.