what you need to know
- The Wild Update is the next major content update for Minecraft, coming in 2022 with new mobs, biomes, features, and more.
- On Wednesday, Mojang Studios released the first full snapshot for 1.19 The Wild Update, dubbed Minecraft: Java Edition Snapshot 22w11a.
- The snapshot features more of the Deep Dark, frogs, mangroves and mud blocks, and more.
- Minecraft: Java Edition Snapshot 22w11a is now available to players, along with a new beta version of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.
The work on Minecraft is never done and the Minecraft community is involved in every step of the process. On Wednesday, Mojang Studios released a new snapshot for Minecraft players to try: Java Edition; this time, as the first snapshot under the umbrella of the 1.19 update. The Wild update is a little closer to release than before.
Minecraft: Java Edition Snapshot 22w11a is the first official snapshot of The Wild Update, the next major content update coming to all Minecraft platforms later this year. The Caves and Cliffs update is finally falling behind as Mojang Studios turns its full attention to developing the next release, with the help of the Minecraft community providing feedback along the way.
The latest snapshot tests new features and changes for one of the best PC games you can play, including more of the mysterious Deep Dark biome, mobs of frogs and tadpoles, mangrove biome blocks like mangrove wood and mud, and much more. . There are also various technical updates and bug fixes included in the release.
In case you missed it, Minecraft: Bedrock Edition players also got a new build today for the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta and Minecraft Preview. Minecraft: Java Edition Snapshot 22w11a is now available to players.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Instant Java Edition 22w11a It includes:
- Added Deep Dark biome
- Added frogs and tadpoles
- Mangrove blocks added.
- Mud blocks and mud bricks were added.
- Added Sculk, Sculk Veins, Sculk Shrieker, and Sculk Catalyst blocks
- Added 3D directional audio option
- Delve deep underground to discover the darkest biome in Minecraft: Deep Dark
- Dimly lit and creepy, Deep Dark is sure to strike fear into the hearts of even the bravest player.
- The floor of Deep Dark is covered in sculk.
- No mobs spawn in deep darkness.
- frogs can jump
- frogs can swim
- Frogs can walk on land.
- frogs can croak
- Frogs can eat small slimes, causing a ball of slime to fall.
- Frogs can eat small magma cubes, causing a Froglight block to drop
- Each Frog variant drops a specific Froglight block.
- Three Froglight blocks are added, one light source block
- Tadpoles can swim in water.
- Tadpoles on land “jump” like fish on land, eventually dying
- The tadpoles that grow become a frog
- Tadpoles turn into a different type of frog depending on the biome they hatch in (Cold, Mild, Warm)
- Tadpoles can be caught in a bucket
mangrove wood blocks
- Added a new type of wood: Mangrove! The mangrove biome and mangrove trees will arrive at a later snapshot
- Mangrove trunk and stripped mangrove trunk
- Mangrove wood and pickled mangrove wood
- Mangrove roots and muddy mangrove roots
- Mangrove boat, button, pressure plate, gate, hatch, signboard, slab, fence, fence gate and stairs
Mangrove leaves and propagules
- Mangrove propagule is a sucker that grows from the bottom of mangrove leaves
- Bone-eating mangrove leaves will cause a new propagule to start growing under them
- Propagules grow through 4 stages, and growth can be accelerated by bone meal
- You can break off a fully developed propagule and plant it as a sapling. For now, it will grow into an oak, but of course it will become a mangrove when it’s done.
- Mud is a block that will spawn in the next Mangrove biome
- When walking on mud, entities sink a bit. Like soul sand, but without the slowdown
- Mud can be created using a water bottle on the ground, by hand, or with a dispenser.
- Packed clay can be made from clay.
- Mud bricks are a building block that can be made from compacted mud.
- Mud bricks can be made into mud brick stairs, walls, and slabs using a workbench or flowerbed.
- The rattling tendrils of the Sculk sensors had to come from somewhere, right? Introducing Sculk, a new block family that dwells in the Deep Dark
- Added the Sculk Catalyst block, a mysteriously soul-emitting block that blooms with patches of Sculk under nearby dying mobs:
- Mobs that perish in the presence of the catalyst will not lose their experience.
- Sculk blocks added:
- When a mob dies near a Sculk Catalyst, some unknown process appears to consume blocks underneath and turn them into Sculk blocks.
- Sculk’s charge when spread will have a chance to grow certain blocks, such as Sculk’s sensors on top, consuming their charge
- Sculk Vein blocks added:
- These veins are found at the edge of Sculk’s patches.
- Like Glow Lichen, they can be placed in any orientation
- The expansion of the veins causes the sculk to take over other blocks.
- Sculk Vein can spread underwater
- Added Sculk Shrieker block:
- Sculk Shriekers can rarely be found growing from a Sculk Catalyst charge.
- Sculk Shrieker can be soaked
- Sculk Shrieker requires Silk Touch for experience when mined.
- The mobs’ souls will spread through Sculk Veins and Sculk Blocks in random directions until they find a valid substrate to feed on:
- Soul charge in Sculk Blocks and Sculk Veins will eventually decay, but it will decay much, much more slowly in the immediate vicinity of the Sculk Catalyst, and much faster away from its host.
- If the charge falls out of range of the Catalyst, it has a chance to spawn a Sculk sensor.
- Sculk, Sculk Veins, and Sculk Catalysts require Silk Touch to acquire. Otherwise, they lose experience when mined.
- The efficient tool for all the blocks in the Sculk family is the hoe.
3D directional audio
- Added sound option for 3D directional audio simulation
- This option is best experienced with headphones.
- The data packet format is now 10
- Resource pack format is now 9
- Added 3D Fusion
- Added a new font glyph provider for spaces.
- Added estimated GPU utilization percentage to performance profile metrics and F3 debug screen
- This is only available for graphics devices that support GPU timer queries
- Added the ability for data and resource packs to selectively hide files from packs below them.
- World presets/types and flat world presets in the “Create World” screen can now be controlled by data packets
- Added server property
max-chained-neighbor-updatesto limit the number of consecutive neighbor updates before skipping additional ones
- Negative values remove the limit
- Merge now supports 3D biome merge, so it will merge underground biomes as well.
blending_data.old_noisenow existence of
blending_dataon shard data determines if a shard is considered old
blending_data.max_sectionwhich determines which sections will be used for the join data
Spatial Glyph Vendor
- New glyph provider type
spaceadded to allow creation of space-like glyphs
- The new provider has a single argument called
advanceswhich is the map from code point to glyph advance (width)
- Spatial glyph rendering is no longer hard coded (must be manually declared in source)
- Data and resource packs may have
- This section has a required field block, which is a list of patterns (regular expressions) for namespaces and paths
- If any of the files in packages added before one with
filterthe section matches any pattern inside
blockwill be filtered out (e.g. treated as if it wasn’t present in the first place)
filterThe section does not apply to a package that contains it, only to packages loaded before it.
pathcan be omitted. Missing field matches all values
- For example, adding a package with this section in
pack.mcmetaafter vanilla pack will hide all recipes and trailers defined by the vanilla pack
- New record types
worldgen/flat_level_generator_presetwere added to data unit presentations (such as “Amplified” or “Single Biome”)
- Added two tags for world presets (
alternative) to control the values displayed on the “World Type” button on the “Create World” screen
- Added a tag for flat world gifts (
visible) to control the order of items displayed on the “Configure Flat World” screen
- World presets can also be used as a level type value in
locationpredicates is now called
- Textures on the top and sides of the door rotate illogically when opening and closing
- Shield element rendering does not snap to center
- The brew stand extends its arms and reverses its texture when bottles are placed
- Long structure names (more than 64 characters) do not fit in the structure block GUI
- The texture of the large cocoa pod is inconsistent
- Spider model textures do not reflect correctly
- Vex continues to attack his target after being killed.
- Notched-style boss bars render incorrectly if more than one boss bar is active
- Turning bamboo into scaffolding gives you eight times the furnace fuel for free
- Player scope is different for client and server when tracking
- JSON custom dimensions require seed
- Unused pixels in the final bar texture
- The transition between the texture of the end stone and the frame of the end portal is not as smooth as before
- The lateral texture of Mycelium differs from other dirt-based blocks.
- corner in
smoker_bottomthe texture still rotates incorrectly
- May cause desynchronization by repeatedly picking up liquids
- Light Block is not Dragon or Wither Immune
- The word “Recipe” is written as “Reciple” inside the
- Wolf ears and legs are not reflected.
- Crash on “Saving World” when profiling F3+L is active —
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot read field "f" because "this.D" is null
- The arms of the preparation support do not connect with their bases
- “Without memory!” the message is untranslatable
- Minecraft icon on macOS does not display the correct icon
a catalog of games
(opens in a new tab)
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value on all games? It’s possible. Ultimate includes your Xbox Live Gold membership, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for fun on the go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more being added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.