Dev Error 6068 is among the most widely reported crash issues for Call of Duty: Warzone. The bug randomly crashes Warzone every day for some players. Your error message refers to an unrecoverable DirectX problem.
The dev error 6068 issue can also arise for COD: Vanguard. However, here we will focus on potential 6068 fixes more specifically for Warzone. If Dev Error 6068 is ruining your fun in Warzone, here are a few ways you might be able to resolve that issue on Windows 11 and 10.
1. Configure Warzone to run with DirectX11
You can play Warzone with either DirectX 12 or 11 versions. However, playing that game on DirectX 12 is a potential cause of numerous game issues, such as Dev Error 6068. So please configure Warzone to run with DirectX 11 via Battle.net like this:
- Open your Battle.net software window.
- Open Warzone on Battle.net by clicking All the games and selecting it from there.
- Click Options about him Play button for Warzone.
- Select game settings to bring up more options.
- Click the check box to Additional command line arguments
- then write -d3d11 inside the text box for the command line argument.
- Press Done to save the new launch configuration.
2. Set Warzone to a higher priority level
Running Warzone at a higher priority will give you a higher system resource preference than before. The game can run better with fewer issues when played at a higher priority. You can select a above normal either Tall Priority settings for Warzone as explained in our guide on how to select priority level.
3. Adjust the maximum frequency settings for AMD graphics cards
Does your PC have an AMD graphics card? If so, you may be able to resolve the issue by lowering the maximum frequency setting in the AMD control panel. Some players have confirmed that setting that option to -20 fixed dev error 6068 on their PCs.
This is how you do it:
- Right click anywhere on the desktop background to select AMD Radeon Software from the context menu.
- Click Performance > Tuning within the AMD control panel.
- Select Manual For him tuning control option.
- Drag the maximum frequency bar slider to the left to select -twenty.
4. Reinstall DirectX
The Dev Error 6068 message highlights a DirectX issue. Therefore, gamers are advised to try reinstalling the DirectX libraries with the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. Here are the steps to reinstall DirectX:
- Open the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer Page on the Microsoft site.
- Select the Discharge option for DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
- Click on dxwebsetup.exe within your browser. downloads tab to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the I accept (terms of agreement) option and click next.
- deselect Install Bing Bar if you don’t want the additional software.
- then click next to start the reinstall process.
Please note that Windows Updates also update DirectX. So make sure Windows 11/10 is fully up to date on your PC. You can do it by pressing windows + meselecting windows update (either Update and security), and clicking Search for updates.
5. Expand virtual memory for system RAM
Are you playing Warzone on a PC with only a minimum of eight gigabytes of RAM? If so, expanding the virtual memory allocation for RAM might be a viable solution for dev error 6068. Virtual memory is additional hard drive memory that expands RAM. Our virtual memory guide gives complete details on how you can increase virtual memory in Windows 11/10.
6. Adjust video memory scale
Adjusting video memory scaling is one of the most cited resolutions for dev error 6068. For this resolution, you need to lower (not increase) the video memory setting so that Warzone doesn’t load VRAM as much. Here are the steps to downscale Warzone video memory:
- Open the Explorer file manager by pressing Victory + me.
- navigate to the C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players folder in Explorer.
- Right click on the adv_options.ini file there and select To open with.
- Select to open the adv_options_ini file with Notepad.
- Clear the current value of the VideoMemoryScale adjustment. Then enter the value 0.5 be the new replacement value for that option.
- Click Notepad Proceedings menu to select Save money.
- Then close Notepad.
7. Update the graphics driver
AMD and NVIDIA often release new drivers for their video cards that may fix bugs and apply new features. To play Warzone at its best, it is important that your PC’s GPU has the latest graphics driver. An outdated or faulty graphics driver can cause graphics related errors in Warzone and other games.
There are alternative ways to update the driver for an NVIDIA or AMD graphics card. A manual approach is not the fastest method, but it ensures that you are downloading the latest driver packages directly from the AMD or NVIDIA sites. Our guide to updating graphics drivers tells you how to manually update a video card driver in Windows, among other methods.
8. Free up system resources by doing a clean boot
Call of Duty: Warzone is a Windows intensive game that will stretch the system resources of lower spec PCs. Some players may need to optimize system resources for Warzone to stop the persistent crash of dev error 6068.
Windows Clean Boot will disable unnecessary startup background programs and services that consume RAM, some of which might even interfere with Warzone in other ways. This is how you can perform a clean boot of Windows with superfluous startup items and services disabled:
- Start the system configuration utility by pressing windows + Rtyping msconfig Click Run, and select okay from there.
- To disable background programs, deselect (uncheck) Load startup items within General tab.
- Click Services to access the options on that tab.
- Select Hide all Microsoft services to ensure that you cannot disable the most essential system services.
- Click disable all to remove the third-party services listed from the start.
- Press Apply Y okay to save the settings and exit the system configuration tool.
- Click Restart inside the dialog box to clean boot the PC.
- Then play Call of Duty: Warzone again to see if dev error 6068 has been fixed.
9. Reinstall Warzone
Corrupted Warzone game files can cause all kinds of crashes, and dev error 6068 is probably no exception. Reinstalling Warzone will replace all of your files. Since that game is over 50 GB, it will take a while to reinstall it. However, you may need to try reinstalling if the most preferable resolutions do not fix dev error 6068. You can uninstall and reinstall Call of Duty: Warzone by following these steps:
- Launch the Battle.net client for Warzone.
- press the All the games button.
- Select Call of Duty: Warzone and click Options (the gear icon) on your Play button.
- To choose uninstall on the menu.
- To reinstall Warzone, click on your Install button on Battle.net.
Players can also try to repair the game files with the scan and repair option for Warzone before reinstalling. You can choose scan and repair for Warzone on Battle.net from the same menu that includes the uninstall option. If the scan is not enough to fix dev error 6068, continue with reinstalling the game.
Numerous Warzone players have said that upgrading their PCs RAM fixed dev error 6068. That implies that this error can arise due to limited or faulty system RAM. Users can check for RAM issues in Windows 11/10 as follows:
- To open Windows Search, touch Victory + yes.
- Write Windows Memory Diagnostic in your search box.
- Click Windows Memory Diagnostic to open that utility.
- Select the Restart now option to start the RAM check.
- Windows will check the RAM and display the results after the reboot.
If that tool detected any memory issues, you should consider changing your PC’s RAM. Since that probably means you’ll have to buy new RAM, it’s not an ideal potential solution. However, upgrading the RAM is a confirmed fix for dev error 6068.
Have fun in Call of Duty: Warzone again
In general, it is not always easy to fix dev error 6068. You may need to try many possible solutions for that problem to find one that will fix it on your PC. The 10 resolutions in this guide are some of the most likely fixes for dev error 6068 worth trying.