Minecraft is scheduled to get a lot of new content later this year, but the update hasn’t arrived yet. Mojang Studios is still developing the feature-packed release, and the Minecraft community is involved every step of the way. On Thursday, the studio released Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124 for interested gamers, and the changelog is impressively long.
The new beta, which is also available for Minecraft Preview, continues progress on The Wild Update, which will be released sometime in 2022. The content update will include new biomes, mobs, features, and much more for players to enjoy.
Highlights of the beta/preview duo include a new music disc to accompany the music included in the latest beta, and a host of tweaks and improvements to various other features of The Wild Update such as Warden, Sculk, frogs, and more. In case you missed it, Mojang Studios also recently released a new Minecraft patch update: Bedrock Edition for all players.
Minecraft is one of the best Xbox games you can play, and players are encouraged to participate in the development process and provide feedback on upcoming features and changes.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 126.96.36.199 / Minecraft Preview 188.8.131.52 includes:
Features and bug fixes
Spectator Mode (Experimental)
- Introducing the experimental Spectator Mode switch
- Players can now test early development builds of Spectator Mode by enabling the experimental switch
- Just as a reminder, we won’t be accepting bug reports related to Spectator Mode until we let you know, as the feature is likely to change a lot during development.
- Mobs no longer flee from players in Spectator mode.
- Spectator mode will no longer trigger Tripwire traps
music disk 5
- Disc Fragment 5 and Music Disc 5 added
- Unlike other disks, it can only be obtained by finding and crafting 9 disk fragments together.
- These disk fragments can rarely be found in chests in the ancient city.
- Some changes have been made to the Guardian’s ranged attack:
- When using his ranged attack, the vertical knockback now respects directionality.
- It will now bypass shields and armor, and has a custom death message.
- Deals 10 damage instead of 30 and the cooldown has been reduced from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Guardians now drop a single Sculk Catalyst on death.
- Warden now increases rage (10 for infrequent projectiles and 35 for frequent projectiles) when distracted by projectiles.
- Warden now reacts to non-Arrow type projectiles.
- Warden can now correctly be distracted by non-arrow projectiles
- Warden now gets angry at all mobs that crash into him.
- Sculk Catalysts and Shriekers have the same blast resistance as in Java
- Restored some sounds related to Sculk that were removed by mistake.
- Sculk Shrieker’s shriek sound is now correctly classified as a block sound
- Sculk Sensor activation and deactivation sounds are now correctly classified as lock sounds.
- Sculk Sensor can now correctly detect a player using a fishing rod
- The Sculk Shrieker no longer exhibits z-struggle on either face when held in hand or placed in item frames.
- Piston will not be able to push Sculk Shrieker, Sculk Sensor and Sculk Catalyst
- Crack animation no longer appears around tendrils while the Sculk Sensor is being pulled.
- Mangrove Propagule can no longer be fertilized indefinitely
- Mangrove trees no longer grow if the area above them is obstructed
mangrove_propaguleblock and used a hanging block state instead
- Mangrove wood/log types now properly prevent leaf decay
- Brought mangrove tree foliage to parity with Java Edition
- Fixed an issue where mangrove trees would spawn with no trunks on the branches.
- Fixed a bug that caused most blocks in Mangrove Wood to be unaffected by fire.
- Non-mangrove saplings can now grow into full trees when feeding on bones in mud.
- Mangrove leaves now drop leaf blocks when harvested with scissors.
- Fire pits and smokers can now be crafted from all variants of mangrove wood.
- It is now possible to take a stackable item from the Allay and add it to an existing stack
- Allay now has a new launch sound.
- Frogs no longer have trouble finding paths in Mud Blocks. To address this, until a proper pathfinding solution has been implemented, Mud Blocks will slightly sink entities into them.
- Fixed a bug where the frog’s mouth would Z wrestle with its head when eating slime or magma cubes.
- Froglight is now properly dropped when destroyed with any tool
- Froglight blocks now have the correct map colors
- Froglight blocks now have the correct break time
- Frogspawn is now broken by flowing water
how to play
- Mobs can no longer spawn on buttons.
- Amethyst clusters can no longer be placed on top of Sculk Shriekers and other non-top-supported blocks, and can now be placed on bottom-supported blocks, as intended.
- Fixed a bug where an undamaged tool, such as Pickaxe, when renamed on an anvil, would not work properly when used for the first time.
- Minecart recipes with Chest/Hopper/TNT are now formless
- Fixed an issue where taking a large fatal damage with the absorb effect on could cause a soft block
- Shulkers are now immune to fire
- Shulkers now stand upright on vehicles.
- Shulkers no longer fail to spawn when another Shulker is on the relatively negative Y and X axis.
- The player can now swipe from moving directions to jump and not be interrupted when jumping and stealth are swapped on “classic” touch controls.
- Fixed sun direction not updating on RTX worlds
- Trader Llamas can now spawn after being fed Hay Bales
- Trader Llamas will no longer linger after being unleashed by Wandering Trader
Stability and performance
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trading with a villager who last traded with a offline player
- Fixed a crash that occasionally occurred in Villages on iOS
- Fixed a bug where items could be dropped by clicking the dark gray area on the left side of the player’s inventory when using Furnace, Blast Furnace, Smoker, Enchanting Table, Whetstone, Prep Station, Anvil, Beacon and ironwork table.
- Featured Servers message text is no longer centered
- Added the
replace entityoverload to the
- Improved content errors for data-driven blocks to log resource bundle, file, and block identifier
- limit the length of the
BlockGeometryComponentto 256 characters
- Device recovery on Xbox will now restart with the same values used on initial creation
- Avoid clearing temporary Molang variables during manual rendering
GameTest Framework (Experimental)
- added function
setRotation(degreesX: number, degreesY: number)— Sets the rotation of the
- Added read-only property
rotation: XYRotation— Gets the rotation of the
- Deleted Property
bodyRotation— Note: Use
- added function
- added event
buttonPushEvent— fires when a button is pressed
- added event
- renamed class
- renowned property
- renowned property
- renamed class
A gaming masterpiece
Available wherever you play
Minecraft is an undisputed and complete success. It has sold hundreds of millions of copies, has a huge following of dedicated players, and allows you to unlock all your creative desires. The latest beta version of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition includes many changes that will eventually come to all Minecraft players.
a catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value on all games? It’s possible. Ultimate includes your Xbox Live Gold membership, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for fun on the go. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and Minecraft Preview are included with Xbox Game Pass, making it easy to play and try.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.